Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Tuesday 3-24 Planting Flowers

What a beautiful day!!!
We woke up to high humidity but no fog or rain. We had sunshine all day. The temperature got to 87 degrees. Just think it's only March.


I didn't get out of bed until 8:30, I usually get up at 8:00. We had oatmeal for breakfast.

We prefer to shop at HEB but their soonest available pickup date is more than a week away
so Larry ordered this weeks groceries from Walmart. There were fewer items to select from this week. There was no beef, chicken, pork or other meats available online. Our order will be ready tomorrow at 2:00. We're extremely thankful we can order online so that we don't have to go inside the store but one of us might have to run in to see if they perhaps have an item or two that was not available online.


Grocery shopping is getting harder

As you know we love Amazon. Most morning we eat instant oatmeal for breakfast, we like most any flavor but our favorites are Maple & Brown Sugar and Apples & Cinnamon. The local stores are out of stock on all oatmeal. Previously we have purchased oatmeal from Amazon if we found it to be less expensive and sure enough they had a box of Apples & Cinnamon, we received the box today at our front door.


Oatmeal delivered to us

After breakfast we went for an hour walk from our house to Temple Lake Park. As we walked we saw a few boats on Belton Lake fishing and lots of people walking their dogs. Our neighbors across the street were walking their two dogs. We stopped and visited with them but we did all keep our distance. We normally see a person or two on this walk but today there were a lot more people. We saw a float plane flying down the lake and he landed on the lake. We had to walk up a hill to get to Arrowhead Point Road from the ramp. By the time we got to the top I was out of breath. When we got home I was soaked with sweat because of the high humidity. We had a great walk.


The float plane flying away

A fisherman enjoying a morning on the lake


In the afternoon I did my daily challenges and the Solitaire Event: The Hard Road. It had 16 games and I finished in an hour and 25 minutes.

I've been putting off planting my flowers for a bit because of the weather so after lunch I planted them. I planted three different kinds: the free seeds that Alexa spent us, American Seed Pollinator Wildflower Blend from last year and a new one from Seed Needs for partial shade. Before putting the seeds down I carried the three bags of potting soil from the truck to the planter. Then I spread the bags around the tree. I sprinkled the pollinator wildflower blend all around the area. Then I walked around the area to flatten the soil. Next I sprinkled the partial shade seed on the three sides that don't get a lot of sunlight. The last pack of seeds was from Alexa, it only covers 5 square feet. Then I padded down the seeds and watered them lightly so I won't wash the seeds away. Now I need to wait. It should take about a week to start seeing some seeds germinate.


The garden soil I spread


My watering container

The seeds I planted

Carrying the bags of soil to the planter

The pollinator wildflower blend seeds

The partial shade flower seeds

The Alexa flower seeds

Larry finished making foot pads for his ski boots. He had started this a couple of weeks ago and then the weather went bad and he could not work outside.


Sanding new pads for his ski boots

Shaping the pad
        
In the evening we watched a couple of episodes of Travels By Narrowboat. We watched a 2010 movie called Salt. It was an action movie about a Russian spy that worked for the CIA. The movie starred Angelina Jolie and Liev Schreiber. We liked it. I finished watching Deep Water. It was a good series. Then I started another series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth