Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Wednesday 11-29-23 Dance Day, Project, Puzzle & Games

Just having fun

We had an awesome day. The high today was 60 degrees.

Today was National Square Dancing Day. National Square Dancing Day is celebrated in the United States to honor the square dance form of folk dancing. It is celebrated November 29th.


Celebrating National Square Dancing Day

I kept busy all day attending four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips. I stayed for four of the tips. They called to 12 participants. I had a fun hour of dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called two tips of two couple A1, two tips of two couple A2 and one tip of four couple A2 to 11 participants. Larry danced with me. We had a super time dancing with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called five tips to 17 participants. She did a lot of four couple moves and called very challenging. I made some mistakes but overall I had fun. I think sometimes she forgets that a lot of us are dancing by ourselves. 

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for one hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. The format was three tips of C1 to 10 participants and three tips of A2 to 11 participants. Greg and Karin called one tip of C1 and A2 together, Dave called one tip of C1 and A2 and the third tip of C1 and A2 all three callers called together. I had a great time dancing with friends.

Get a partner and dance


Larry continues to work on the jukebox. Today he did a lot of cleaning. After decades of being used in greasy diners where smoking was allowed plus sitting in storage for years it was terribly filthy both inside and outside. The machine has now been stripped of everything and is just a shell so Larry began the cleaning process. He worked on it for hours and is still not done. He has a couple of pieces soaking hoping to finish them tomorrow. The chrome shined up really nice, of course after all those years there are scratches and some pitting but it looks great. 

The progress on the jukebox is going to slow down a bit. Larry has some things ordered from Amazon but due to Black Friday and Cyber Monday they are running behind. Things that he could normally get in a day or two are now suppose to take 6-7 days. There are still a few things he can do without the parts.

In between the dances I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 23 minutes and 24 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

Angry Birds characters

I worked on assembling Times Square, Happy News Year. I played a few games of Tales From the Crypt and a couple of games of Theatre of Magic.

Tales From the Crypt


Theatre of Magic

After the last dance we started to watch the second season of Royal Flying Doctor Service on PBS. When Larry went to bed I watched Iron Man 3 from our movies collection. Then I started watching the 8th season of Shetland on Acorn. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth