Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Saturday 11-18-23 Pinball Project, Belton Market Days & TIPS Dance

 

Just having fun

We had a fun day. We did things we haven't done in years.

We started the day off by going to town. Every third Saturday of the month between 9 am and 4 pm the downtown streets of Belton are closed to traffic. Local crafters, artists, food vendors and live music set up booth for the public to come and visit. We hadn't been to Belton Market Days since the Easter Hunt back in 2019. We got there a little after 9:00 and a couple of the parking lots were full. We were surprised to see so many people already there. It didn't take us too long. The booths were set up in a couple of parking lots, down the main street of Belton and down a couple of side streets. The music was outstanding. Maybe a little loud. The booths right next to it would be blown away. The people at the booths were very friendly. We didn't buy anything but it was nice to walk through and see the wonderful things people made. It was a nice walk and seeing all the families walking around with kids and dogs.

Belton Market Days

On the way to Belton we stopped by Kwick Kar to get the truck inspected. We first stopped at another place but they only had two people working and said the wait would be 30 minutes. Kwick Kar had as least five people working. We were in and out in about five minutes and the employees were very friendly.    

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Spider Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 32 minutes and 41 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

Larry got the pinball cabinet back together so he rolled it back into it's place in the living room. Larry played some pinball. He said he didn't do well but he had fun. I played the weekly challenge of Monster Bash. I was successful in getting a new high score of 170,416,360. I'm in 26th place out of 53 participants. Then I played a three games of pinball, The Munsters, The Addams Family and Red & Ted's Road Show. I had a super day of pinball I entered my initials in three of the four games.

New high score

 

The Addams Family

 

The Munsters

 

Red & Ted's Road Show

Thank you, Larry for all the hard work on updating the pinball cabinet. It works super.

For dinner I made a Stromboli. I used pepper jack cheese, tomato sauce, ham, salami, pepperoni and a refrigerated pizza dough. The shape came out a bit flatter than I thought it would be but it was excellent.

Salami

 

Ham

 

Stromboli

 

Pepperoni

In the evening we went to Allamande Hall for the TIPS Plus dance. This is the first time we have done in person dancing in three years. Dale Smith called the dance. He called six tips of plus to two squares of people and an extra couple sitting out. Larry and I danced all the tips. The computer squared the dancer up. It told you which square you were in. I made a couple of mistakes on Tea Cup Chain and Relay the Duecey but over all we did very well. Dale was suppose to call a couple of A2 tips but there wasn't enough people to get a square. We had fun dancing to people we hadn't danced with in over three years. Everyone was happy to see us.

We got back to the house at 10:00. Larry checked his e-mail and called it a night. I stayed up and watched the second movie of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Then I finished watching the 9th season of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth