Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Wednesday 11-8-23 Dancing, Crafting, Vaccinations & More

 

Doing this and that

We had a busy day.

We started the day out by taking the Minnie to storage. On the way to the storage center Larry heard a rattling noise coming from outside the motor home. He stopped and checked all around the engine area and did not find it. We continued to the storage center. Last week we got a letter from the owner explaining he and his wife had sold the storage center to Amy's Attic, they are up there in age and decided it was time to move on. When we arrived the new owners had put in a key pad to open the gate. Larry didn't know the combination so he called Amy's Attic. It was weird because he called on the cell phone from the Minnie but the call came through the radio on the car. He talked to lady and got the code. Once we got to the bay he asked me to put the Minnie in gear and hold my foot on the brake, the noise was much more pronounced. He decided to crawl underneath, he checked it out and thought the noise was coming from the catalytic converter. Last summer we had Moffat Muffler do some work on the exhaust pipes and were quite happy with their service. They are actually fairly close to the storage center so we took the Minnie over. When we got there the owner checked it out and agreed it was the catalytic converter. He is going to see if and where he can find one. He couldn't work on the Minnie until next week so we took it back to storage.

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. This week Dave Eno called the dance. He called five tips to 9 participants. He did a super job of calling. I had a great time dancing to him and with friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called two two couple A1 tips, two two couple A2 tips and one four couple of A2 to 6 participants. While Dayle was calling Di Green, Terry McCann, Ett McAtee, Joachim (a caller from Germany) and Elka and Arnold a couple from Germany zoomed in to say hi before they left to go to a local dance in Germany. This was a pleasant surprise. Larry danced with me. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and a half. This week Tony Collingwood called the dance for Ett. He called six tips to 13 participants. Tony is a challenging caller and puts us in positions we're not use to be in. I had a fun time dancing to Tony and with friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped him call the dance. The format was three C1 tips to 8 participants and three A2 tips to 10 participants. Karin and Greg called the first C1 tip and the first A2 tip. Dave called the second C1 tip and second A2 tip. All three called the third tips together. Dave taught us a new move called Swap the Top. It's fun learning new moves even if you only do it once. I had a great evening dancing to Karin, Greg and Dave and with friends.

Get a partner and dance

After the third dance we went to town. First stop was at the UPS Store to get our mail. The last stop was Walmart to get our flu shots and our COVID vaccination. After getting our shots we picked up a few things. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: World Tour Mini of 7 games. It took me 18 minutes and 17 seconds, which put me in 28th place in my group. I played some Angry Birds.

I worked on Yoda. I didn't play any pinball.

After the last dance we watched Justice League on Amazon. It was the continuation of Batman V Superman. I like this movie better than Batman V Superman. It was a super hero movie. Then I watched Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, which is the very first Star Wars movie. I still enjoyed the movie even though it was made in 1977. Then I watched a couple of episodes of the X-Files. I ended up doing 16,500 steps, which put me in third place in my group. 

  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth