Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Tuesday 11-14-23 Computer Project, Dancing, Puzzle & Games

 

Awesome Day

We had a super day.

Larry had an appointment at 7:50 at Scott & White so they could draw blood for his lab work. By the time I got up he was home and had brought me a couple of donuts, very nice.

After that he started working on his computer project. He took the pinball machine in his workroom to work on it. He backed up the pinball games and the operation system. Then he removed the existing computer. Then he had to figure out how he was going to fit all the new items inside the cabinet. While the new computer is a bit smaller the new power supply is huge. Due to the more powerful computer along with the graphics card a larger power supply was needed. This new system will also run much hotter requiring a larger fan. He had to drill a huge hole for the new fan. When he did this I helped him by vacuuming the saw dust as he cut the hole. Lots of progress was made but he still has a long way to go. 

The hole Larry drilled

 

The new computer

 

The electronics in the pinball cabinet

I attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour. This week Dave Eno covered for them. He called five tips to 8 participants. He helped us get in the right position by say what formation we were in. Dave did an excellent job of calling. I had fun dancing to him and with friends.

Larry will be working on the pinball cabinet for a few days so I played games on the arcade cabinet. I played five pinball games (Game Show, Killer Klowns, Cirqus Voltaire, Fun House and Monster Bash) and I played three slot games (Double Diamond, Games Bond and Golden Slot). 

 

Monster Bash

Killer Klowns

Game Show

Fun House

 

Cirqus Voltaire

Golden Shot

 

Games Bond

 

Double Diamond

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 16 minutes and 58 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. I played Angry Birds.

I'm out of diamond painting projects so I decided to assemble a jigsaw puzzle. The puzzle I started was Fun Candy Board by Colorluxe. It's a 1500 pieces puzzle. I think it's going to be very challenging because of all the colors of candy.

Fun Candy Board

The box and pieces

In the evening we watched Riddick, which was another science fiction movie starring Vin Diesel as Richard B. Riddick. It's a follow up on the movie we watched last night. Then I watched Captain America. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth