Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Wednesday 11-22-23 Dance Day, Games & More

 

We had another cool day with the temperatures in the high 50's. 

I attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore covered for them. They called five tips together by taking turns call every other sequence. The dance was mainly two couple moves. The last tip they had a singing call. They did an excellent job of calling the dance to 10 participants.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called four tips of C1 to 16 participants. She called a lot of split Dixie Style moves so I broke down a lot  because I lost my phantoms. I got confused at one point I stopped dancing the sequence. When she finished the sequence I danced once more. I had fun when she didn't call split moves.

Third was Dave Eno Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Joe Uebelacker showed up so Dave asked if he wanted to call a tip or two. The format for the dance was 3 C1 tips and 3 A2 tips. Dave called two C1 tips and Joe called the other one to 9 participants. Dave called two A2 tips and Joe called the other one to 12 participants. Dave did one trivia question about questions people asked the Butterball Hotline about cooking turkeys. I had a great time dancing with friends. 

Get a partner and dance

While I danced Larry worked with his Raspberry PI. He also played with installing 3D on the pinball cabinet. He received a pair of 3F glasses from Amazon yesterday. Then we played Indiana Jones game with the glasses. It was very cool to do.

After my last dance we went to Moffat Muffler to pick up the Minnie. The catalytic converter had started making a noise and had to be replaced.  Then we took it back to storage. On the way home we stopped by The UPS Store and then we went to Ace Hardware to buy some aluminum strips that Larry uses on some of his projects.

Yesterday, we received two Perfect Egg replacements for the one I misplaced. They are different. They have a picture of a chick on it and it's very cute.

Old Perfect Egg timer

 

New Perfect Egg timer

I did my housework between my first and second dance. I dusted and vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathrooms and did laundry.

Doing housework

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 15 games. It took me 1 hour, 4 minutes and 58 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

In the evening we started to watch a series on Paramount +. It was called Lawmen: Bass Reese. It was a legendary story about the first U.S. Marshall during the 1800. It was slow moving and not too good. I watched The Bourne Supremacy. I started the last season of The X-Files, which is 11 seasons. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me back in 1st place in my group.

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth