Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, November 3, 2023

Thursday 11-2-23 Dancing, Crafting & More

 

 

We had a gorgeous day. When Larry got up it 30 degrees and the roofs in the neighborhood had frost on them. It got up to 60 degrees.

The first of every month Larry backs up the data from our computer to our backup computer, an offline web service and an external hard drive. This month the hard drive ran out of space. He found one he liked at Best Buy so he ordered it. This morning we went to Best Buy to pick it up. We seldom go to Best But and we always complain that they don't open until 10, well today was a surprise, we and a few others were in the parking lot waiting for them to open and about 9:50 they opened the door and turned on the open sign, nice. We also noticed that the Geek Squad must be making up much more of their service. There were more than 10 Geek Squad vehicles sitting in the parking lot. I guess they must not start work before 10.

On our way to Best Buy we stopped at the UPS Store to mail out a couple of items, one item was a used power supply that did not work and the other was a small monitor that worked but the picture was defective.

We attended to Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 dance at 11:00 for an hour. Dayle called four two couple tips and one four couple tip to 12 participants. Our friends from Dallas Susan and Ken was there. We hadn't seen them in a long time. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.


  Get a partner and dance

I finished working on my diamond painting project Disney. 

Disney finished

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the daily event, which was Event: Spider Adventure of 20 games. It took me 2 hours, 26 minutes and 2 seconds to complete, which put me in 14th place in my group.

I played some pinball. The games I played were the weekly challenge Haunted House, Great Houdini, Iron Man, Medieval Madness and Junkyard. I had a great time playing the games.

Great Houdini

 

Iron Man

Junkyard

 

Medieval Madness

I was going to mow the frontyard after lunch but our lawn service company showed up during Dayle's dance and mowed. We thought our contract finished at the end of October. This was a nice surprise.

A couple of days ago Larry winterized our irrigation system for the season. We probably won't have to mow our yards during the winter.

In the evening we watched a couple of movies on Amazon. First was Peace By Chocolate, this movie was based on a real story. The story was about a family from Syria who moved to Canada as refugees from the Syrian civil war. It was a very good movie. Second was a Jesse Stone movie called Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost. After Larry went to bed I watched Finding Forrester and a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 15,000 steps, which left me in first place in my group for the week. 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth