Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Wednesday 1-25-23 Hiking, Home & New Pinball Game

 

Awesome Day

We had an awesome day.

We started the day out in Meridian State Park with the temperature at 34 degrees. We baked cinnamon rolls in the oven for breakfast. The oven helped the two small heaters keep the Minnie warm. 

After breakfast we went on a 5.5 mile hike. We did a similar hike to Monday except we added the Shinnery Ridge trail (1.5 mile loop) and skipped The Little Forest Junior Trail. Once again we started at the refectory.  Due to all of yesterdays rain some places were a little muddy but not too bad. We had a super hike.

Bosque trail entrance sign at the tent campground

When we returned we had lunch. After lunch we started to get ready to go. We had paid for the night but Larry was expecting a package at the house. We weren't going to do much here but read so we decided to go home. Larry dumped the tanks, this was easy because we had full hookups. I  did the little bit of dishes and put things away making sure they were secured for the trip home. Before we left I went over to the dumpsters and got rid of our trash and recycled our cans. We were on the way home about noon.

We got home by 1:30. Larry turned on the water and made sure everything was working ok in the house. I unloaded the Minnie. It only took about a half hour because I had already bagged the items we were going to take in the house.

We had a super trip to Meridian State Park.

After putting things away I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I moved on to the event, which was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 54 minutes and 51 seconds to complete, which put me in 17th place in my group.

The day we left on our trip Larry loaded The Lords of the Rings pinball game on the pinball machine. He was having problems getting the sound to work correctly but when we got home he had a new idea and it fixed the problem. He played it a few times and it works great. He was the Grand Champion with the score of 40,640,040. I played it once and I had a super game. I ended up knocking him down to 1st place because I got the score of 50,903,990, now I'm Grand Champion. It's an outstanding game. The playfield has outstanding graphics, a lot of activity going on and the sound works great.

 
The top monitor of the game
 

Playfield of the Lords of the Rings

 

Larry's score

 

My score

In the evening I attended Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 dance at 6:30 for two hours. This week Karin Rabe, Greg Moore and Dave Hutchinson helped Dave call the dance. The format was two tips of C1 with 9 participants, five tips of A2 with 12 participants and one tip of C1 with 11 participants. The two Daves called the first two C1 tips together. Karin and Greg took turns calling two of the A2 tips, Dave Eno called two of the A2 tips and the last A2 tip Karin, Greg and Dave Eno took turns calling. The last C1 tip Dave Eno called by himself. In between the A2 tips we played Trivia. I had a great time dancing with friends.

The day before we left on our trip Larry received a mini computer he's going to use in his new project so he worked on it.

After Larry went to bed I watched K-Pax from our dvd collection. Then I watched an episode of Rockford Files, which was the second part of the last episode I watched before going camping. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group with 76,087 steps.   

   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth