Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 23, 2023

Sunday 1-22-23 Camping at Meridian State Park

 

Beautiful cool dy

We had a beautiful day with sunshine. The low was 34 degrees and it got to 57 degrees in Belton. There was wind so it was chilly all day.

We started the day out by going to Walmart to pickup a few items to take with us on our trip. 

Grocery shopping

When we got home I finished loading the Minnie for our trip to Meridian State Park. After lunch I did the dishes and put a small cooler together. Larry loaded the electronics into the Minnie. Before leaving he went around the house and made sure everything was secure and he turned the water off going to the house just to be on the safe side.

We were on the road by noon. Meridian State Park is about 70 miles from the house, it took us an hour and a half to get there. It was easy to check-in because you have to make reservations and we have been here before. 

There are only 15 sites in the park and it was easy to find our site, which is #3. It's right across the street from the bathroom. The sites in our loop are pull throughs with full hookups. It's a great site with a lot of trees to give us privacy. It has a picnic table, hook for trash or lantern and a fire ring with a grill on it. The site is level so we didn't need to use blocks.

Larry parked the Minnie and I put our chairs outside. After setting up the Minnie we relaxed in the Minnie because it was still a little chilly. 

For dinner we had soft tacos. I seasoned the hamburger with a new taco seasoning, Great Value Chipotle flavor taco seasoning. It was good. For dessert we had a Walmart chocolate creme mini pie. It was delicious.

After dinner we went for a walk around the campground. This time of year it starts to get dark around 6:00 pm. Larry walked with me for about a half hour and I walked another half. hour. We walked part of the trail that goes around the lake (Bosque). When I walked by myself I walked the park road that goes around the lake. I took a few pictures while I walked. I walked by the CCC road bridge, CCC Reflectory building, cabins, boat dock, over a bridge on the trail and campsites. It was a great walk. 

A couple of rental cabins that are the lake


Bridge on the Bosque trail


The CCC Refectory building
 

Have you ever wondered what a Refectory is, according to Wikipedia.....

A refectory (also frater house, fratery) is a dining room, especially in monasteries, boarding schools and academic institutions. One of the places the term is most often used today is in graduate seminaries. The name derives from the Latin reficere "to remake or restore," via Late Latin refectorium, which means "a place one goes to be restored" (cf. "restaurant"). 

When I got home I finished my steps. I ended up doing 20,000 steps. I would have done more but it was getting cold outside. I came in 4th place in my group for the week with 187,143 steps.

Last night before I went to bed I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. After Larry went to bed today I did the event, which was Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It too me 9 minutes and 32 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group.  

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth