Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 30, 2023

Sunday 1-29-23 Another Nasty Day & Dancing

 

Overcast day

The day started out in the low 60's with a little rain and it was overcast all day. As the day went on the temperature kept dropping. By 6:00 it was in in the mid 30s. It's suppose to be rainy and cold for next few days.

Larry made pancakes for breakfast. 

A couple of days ago Larry asked me if I would like to join a group of virtual pinball players who post their high scores for a specific game each week. This week the challenge game is Tron. Larry installed the game and I started playing it. I like the game and it will be interesting to see how I do against other players. This is a fairly new group, there are normally 20 - 30 people who participate.

We also played other games. One we played was Mustang. I pushed the button twice, which sets it up for two players. So I challenged Larry to the game. Larry is Grand Champion with the score of 62,287,260. This game is fun, it is fast, has great music and funny comments. We had a great time.

Playing Mustang

 

Mustang playfield

 

The final score of the game


Larry's Grand Champion score 

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: The Hard Road of 16 games. It took me 2 hours, 23 minutes and 22 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Then I did some Angry Birds.

I attended two virtual square dances. First was Ett McAtee's Weekly C Series at 1:00 for an hour and a half. This week she was out of town so she asked Tony Collingwood from U.K. to call for her. Larry and I have danced to him with our tape group and he was very challenging. Today I attended this dance by myself and had a great time. He called six tips with 24 participants. He was challenging because he didn't click when he went from full square material to two couple. He also put use in challenging positions. He struggled a bit but still had fun. Tony did a great job of covering for Ett.

Second was Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 at 7:30 for an hour and a half. Loren called three tips of A2 with 13 participants, one tip of C1 Teach with 12 participants and three tips of C1 with 12 participants. During the teach tip Loren worked on Rotate, Single Rotate, Reverse Rotate and Single Reverse Rotate. He also worked on Any Hand Swing the Fractions. This move was very challenging because the dancers were single dancers and danced with seven phantoms. We lost our phantoms. The dance was very challenging but was fun.


 After Larry went to bed I finished watching the second season of Hope Street. Then I watched an episode of Rockford Files. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group for the week with 185,255 steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth