Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 9, 2023

Sunday 1-8-23 Grand Champion in Pinball, Dancing & Having Fun

 

Super Day

We had a super day. 

We started the day out by playing games. Larry played pinball and I did my normal games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and event. Today's event was Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 38 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I moved onto Angry Birds.

I also did my housework and laundry.

I attended two virtual square dances. First was Ett McAtee's Weekly C Series at 1:00 for an hour and a half. This week she invited Di Green to come and help her call C1. They called seven tips with 29 participants. Di called four tips and Ett called three tips. I had a great time.

Second was Loren Smith Weekly A2/C1 at 7:30 for an hour and a half. He had been celebrating the holidays so he hadn't called for two weeks. This week he invited Ett to come and help call the dance. Ett called two A2 tips and Loren called one A2 tip with 16 participants. Loren and Ett called two C1 tips a piece with 13 participants. Usually during the first two C1 tips Loren teaches a move or two but this week he decided we would just dance. I had fun dancing to Loren and Ett and with friends. 

After Ett's dance I played some pinball. I played Tales of the Arabian Nights and had a super game. I got all seven jewels and attempted to save the princess. I earned 23,840,090 points, which made me Grand Champion. I played multiple games and bumped Larry off the top four players. I'm having a lot of fun playing pinball.

Tales of the Arabian Nights

 

My top two scores

 
The third and fourth high score
 

My Grand Champion Score

The pinball machine has three monitors; 1) the playfield, this is where the game is, where you hit the ball using the flippers, 2 the DMD, this is used to display the score and give you information as you play, in some games this is animated and in others it is just the score, and 3) the back glass, which depending on the game may contain the score but is normally a static picture. The Tales of The Arabian Nights does a terrific job on all three screens. The playfield is stunning, the DMD has great animations and information, the sound and voices are terrific.

All Three Screens (monitors)

The Playfield

Before dinner we went to town so Larry could get a hair cut. On the way home we stopped to give the car a bath. It had been over six months and it was filthy. We stopped by Today's Car Wash. Now it looks a lot better.

Getting a haircut

After Loren's dance we watched an episode of Death In Paradise. When Larry went to bed I watched Jack Reacher on one of our dvds. Then I watched an episode of Rockford Files. I ended up doing 24,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group for the week with 191,559 steps.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth