Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Wednesday 1-11-23 Dance Day & Willy Wonka

 

Having fun with family and friends

We had a fantastic day.

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips to 9 participants. They did an outstanding job of cueing us through the moves when necessary. I had a super time.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. Dayle called two tips of A1, two tips of A2 and one tip of four couple A2 to 11 participants. Larry danced with me. Dayle is a fantastic caller. He knows exactly where everyone needs to be. He tells the dancers where to go when they in the wrong place. We had an outstanding time.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called five tips with 21 participants. This week she worked on the Finished concept, where you leave off the first part of a move. I had a great time dancing to Ett and with friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped him call the A2 tips. The format was two C1 tips with 6 participants, four A2 tips with 7 participants and one C1 tip with 6 participants. Karin and Greg took turns calling two of the A2 tips, Dave called one tip and the last tip all three callers took turns calling. In between the A2 tips we did some Trivia questions. I had fun evening of dancing with friends.

Larry spent the day playing with the pinball machine. He installed a Willy Wonka pinball game. Once installed he spent hours re-configuring it to work correctly on our machine. He asked if I would play the game just to make sure it works right and to see if he needed to do more work. The game is a lot of fun. 

The playfield screen

 

The top display

 

Willy Wonka pinball game

I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Klondike Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 4 minutes and 36 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

After Dave's dance we watched an episode of All Creatures Great & Small on PBS. Then I watched V for Vendetta from our movie collection. I've watched it many times and I still enjoy it. I watched a couple of episodes of Rockford Files. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth