Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Wednesday 1-18-23 Dance Day & Playing Games

 

Beautiful Cool Day

When I woke up it was sprinkling. A couple hours later the clouds rolled out and the sun came out. There was a lite breeze. By noon it was a cool 68. It got up into the mid to high 70s.

I attended my four weekly virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Plus at 10:00 for an hour. I only danced four of their five tips. They took turns calling the tips to 10 participants. Di called two four couple moves: Acey Duecy and Spin Chain the Gears When she called the Spin Chain the Gears she did an excellent job of cueing the move so everyone would be successful. Terry usually doesn't call full square material but today he did a few doing the tips he called. He did a great job of calling. I had a fun time dancing to Terry and Di.

Second was Dayle Hodge's A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour.He called two tips of two couple A1 with 11 participants, two tips of two couple A2 with 13 participants and one tip of four couple A2 with 13 participants. He did an outstanding job of calling. He explained to the dances where they should be and what formation they should be in. Larry danced with me and we had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's C1 at 1:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes at 1:00. Ett called five tips to 22 participants at the beginning and the last tip had 18 participants. I made a lot of mistakes because she put us in a lot of complicated positions for working with seven phantoms. The dance was very challenging and I didn't have a lot of fun.

Fourth was Dave Eno's C1/A2 for two hours at 6:30. The format was two C1 tips, five A2 tips and one C1 tip. This week Dave invited Joe Uebelacker to come and help him call the dance. Joe and Dave called the last A2 tip and last C1 tip together. They had 8 participants during the two C1 tips and 6 participants for the last C1 tip. During the A2 tips they had 9 participants. In between the tips we took turns tells three true statements and one false statement about ourselves and the other dancers had to guess which one was false. It was fun doing this. I had a great evening dancing to Dave and Joe and with friends.

While I danced Larry continued working on the pinball games we have, he continues to read and experiment on each individual game, the improvements are small but noticeable and more importantly he is enjoying working on them. Being able to easily move the machine is terrific. Since I was going to be doing a lot of dancing it the living room Larry rolled the machine into his workroom. 

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 1 hour, 6 minutes and 35 seconds to complete, which put me in 11th place in my group. I played Angry Birds. I played pinball for about a half hour, I usually play for a few hours. 

I also read a little bit.

Relax with a good book

After the last dance we watched a couple of episodes of Hope Street. Then I watched the first movie of National Treasure. Afterwards I watched an episode of Rockford Files. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

Watching television


 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth