Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Tuesday 6-21 First Day of Summer

 

First day of summer

Today was the official first day of summer in the United States. Once again we got to 100 degrees. I think it's going to be a hot summer.

We started the day going to town to do our weekly grocery shopping. Before going to Walmart we stopped by The UPS Store to pick up our mail. There were two packages waiting. They were from the Home Depot Seeds Program, Milwaukee Orbital Polisher.

Grocery shopping

When we got home Larry opened the packages and was pleasantly surprised. He was expecting a Milwaukee Orbital Polisher and a socket set but they also threw in a battery and charger. 

The polisher box

 

The polisher
 

Socket set

 

Battery and Charger

I attended Di Green's A2 dance at 10:00. Terry and Di danced with their backs to us. Terry usually helps call but today he just wanted to dance so Di called the five tips. The dance had 12 participants. She started the dance with little cueing and the dancers were having problems so she started to cue. I thanked her for cueing because she helped me get in the right place. She thanked me because she wasn't sure how much cueing to give us. I had a great time.

Larry played with the security cameras. I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I moved on to the Event: Pyramid Adventure of 20 games. It took me 2 hours, 4 minutes and 19 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group. I also played a couple games of Jewel.

I continued reading A Test of Wills.

We were sitting down eating dinner when Larry saw a doe and fawn walking across the backyard. I looked out the window and saw two young fawns at the back of our yard. They were waiting for their mom to come. They ate a bit and then they laid down and waited. They were there for over an hour.

The first fawn

 

Mom eating the leaves from the tree

 

Waiting for mom

In the evening we finished watching the 8th season of Endeavour. Then we started another series on PBS called Hotel Portofio. Then I finished watching the 3rd season of MI-5. I also watched the movie Dolittle with Robert Downey. I had watched it previously and really liked it so I decided to watch it again. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth