Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Wednesday 6-1 Dancing, Crafting & Wildlife

 

Just having fun

We had a super day. 

I attended three virtual dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips with 16 participants. Di started the dance calling by herself because Terry was busy doing grocery shopping. He got back in time for the second tip, where he danced with Di. This makes it easier for the dancers because we can follow them and get to the correct position. I had a super time dancing with friends and to Di and Terry.

Having fun at the Plus dance

Second was Dayle Hodge's A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. Dayle called two tips of A1 with 12 participants, two tips of A2 with 13 participants and one four couple tip with 8 participants. Larry danced with me and we had a fun time dancing to Dayle.

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. This week Dave Hutchinson was back calling with Dave Eno. The first half hour was two tips of C1 with 8 participants. Then we moved on to five tips of A2 with 10 participants. They both called two tips and the last tip they called together. The last tip was a C1 with 6 participants and they called together. In between the tips Dave Eno did some Trivia questions. I had a great time dancing with friends. 

After lunch we went to town to do our weekly shopping. This week we went shopping at HEB.


Back in June of 2020 Larry built a birdhouse and hung it from the eaves on the back porch. He thought maybe some birds would build a nest in it. He also built a birdfeeder about the same time. I fed the birds until a few weeks ago. The feeder was used all the time but the birdhouse was never used. When we got back from our spring trip we noticed there was some stuff in the birdhouse. A few days ago a couple of birds started filling it with more stuff. Today we watched the same birds constantly bringing twigs and leaves in the birdhouse. Some of the twigs were big and wouldn't fit in the whole. But the birds worked together and made them fit. It was interesting watching them work on building their nest. The birdhouse was getting full and we thought there was no way they would put more in it but we were wrong, they kept coming. By the end of the afternoon the nest was to the top of the house. Maybe we'll see some babies in a few weeks.

One of the birds building the nest

 

Bird with a leaf in its beak

 

The nest in the birdhouse

 

A bird getting ready to leave the birdhouse

I did my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 38 minutes and 9 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group.

After the last dance we watched an episode of Death In Paradise. When Larry went to bed I finished watching the 15th season of Murdock Mysteries. While watching television I did my jazz routine and steps. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth