Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, June 17, 2022

Thursday 6-16 First Day of Boating & More

 

First Day of Boating

We had another 100 degree day.

The wind was down a bit so we decided to take the boat to the lake.

Beginning Monday we have been watching boats going to Arrowhead Point ramp. But the ramp was closed so within a few minutes we would see them coming back. Every year the Corps of Engineers closes the ramp for a week of boat training. They setup a course in the cove with buoys and the drivers are trained in going around them wide open. The trainee has an instructor in the boat with them and the trainee is asked to do certain tasks. 

We put the boat in at Rogers park ramp. The lake was rough. We drove by Temple Lake Park, where we saw a few people kayaking and launching their boats. We continued down the lake to Arrowhead Point area where we watched the training going on. While we were watching one of the instructors came by and told us they were going to make a lot of wakes because they were going to go around the buoys wide open. He said he didn't want to knock us overboard. Larry told him we were just watching the training. He said that was ok. The ramp was full of boat trailers but we didn't see a lot of boats in the cove. I figured the boats were in different areas of the lake. After watching the training for a bit we continued our drive. We went by the campground by the water plant. It was almost full. It's a great campground because you can drive your boat right up to your campsite. There also is a boat ramp and a day area there. Larry went for a dip but he said it was cold so he didn't stay in long. We drove around for about an hour. It took me two tries to get the boat on the trailer. Once it was on the trailer we wiped it down. We had a very nice day on the lake.

Arrowhead Point ramp

 

One of the trainees

 

Living on Belton Lake

 

Going around a buoy

 

Camping on Belton Lake

 

Kayaking at the girl scout camp

We got home just in time to attend Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 dance. He called four two couple tips with 10 participants and one four couple tip with 8 participants. Dayle asked us how is it in Texas. Larry said it was hot and we had been at lake already. He called very well and put us in challenging positions. When the dancers had problems he cued and got them in the right place. We had a super time.

After lunch I mowed the frontyard and Larry blew the grass off the driveway. As I mowed I treated a couple of fire ant mounds. After I finished we walked around the house to see if there were any more. It took us a little over a half hour.

Larry cleaned and organized his workroom.

I played computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and Event: Easy Street Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 1 second, which put me in 18th place in my group. Then I worked on my annual book.

Yesterday Larry saw a doe and a fawn come in the backyard at 6:00 am. The video on the camera was very clear. In the evening they came back with other deer. We watched them for awhile. It's always nice to watch the deer.

A fawn roaming through the yard

In the evening we watched Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows on our dvd. Then I continued watching the second season of MI-5. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth