Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Saturday 6-4 New Dish for Dinner

 A beautiful day

We had a beautiful day.

On our spring trip we visited the College of the Ozark (Hard Work U) in Missouri. The students work in different facilities on campus to pay for part of their tuition. We walked through Edwards Mill and General Store. It was a working mill and the students make their own pancake, muffin and cornbread mix. We bought a bag of malted pancake mix. Yesterday, Larry made pancakes using the mix. The mix is not a completed mix, you have to add milk and eggs. The directions are on the bag and he cut it in thirds. He didn't think they came out too good. This morning I woke up early to try my luck with. Larry said the pancakes came out fluffier. The only thing I did different was use a real egg instead of an egg substitute. The pancakes came out good but the complete mix is more convenient. I like the pancakes better.

Canvas bag the malted pancake mix came in

 

The finished product

After breakfast we went in town. Larry had ordered fuel additive from O'Reilly and it was waiting for us. On our way we stopped by Walmart to pick up a few items I forgot to get the other day. Then we went to O'Reilly to pick up the additive. Next we swung by Dollar Tree but it wasn't open yet. The last stop was The Home Depot to pickup some adhesive to glue the carpeting back on the boat trailer runners. 

When we got home I put the groceries away. Larry crawled under the boat and fixed the runners. He ended up not using the adhesive, he decided staples would be sufficient.

While Larry did the boat project I played computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games, which put me in 18th place in my group.

Larry continued working on our new mini router. I did some Sudoku.

The other day we received an e-mail from all-recipes about some popular recipes. Larry thought that the Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole sounded good. When we did our weekly grocery shopping we picked up the ingredients. This afternoon I made the dish. I substituted a few ingredients, chicken breast with seasoned quarters, ham with a sausage link with jalapeno and cheese and the Swiss cheese with pepper jack. The dish came out delicious.


Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

In the evening we watched Aquaman. Then I started watching a series on BritBox called Shakespeare & Hathaway. It's a private detective series. I liked it so far. I did the same weight routine as I did yesterday. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.

      

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth