Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Friday 6-3 Busy Morning

 

We had a very busy morning.

We started the day out by doing outside projects before it got hot, First was doing yardwork. I mowed the frontyard. While I mowed Larry treated for weeds. Then he used the new weedeater and blower. He weedeated where it was needed and edged along the driveway. Then he blew out the garage, off the front porch and driveway.

Edging the frontyard

 

The yard after it was mowed

 

New weedeater and blower

 

Old weedeaters

 

Blowing off the porch

Next we moved to the boat. It's time to get it ready for summer. To provide water to it so we can start it in the driveway Larry crawled under it and hooked up a fake-a-lake. He checked the oil and hoses. The boat started right up. The water pumped out of the back, we waited for it to warm up. Next up was reinstalling the platform and filling the tires with air. Now the boat is ready to go in the lake.

De-winterizing the boat

 

Ready for the summer

 

Checking the oil and hoses

The last project was to make a place to hang the new weedeater and blower. The new blower and weedeater are battery operated, Larry decided it would be more convenient if the chargers were near them. First we decided to put them on the same wall where the old weedeaters hung. He had to install a new hook in the wall. Next he decided where to put the chargers. He located a wall stud and installed screws to hold the charges. The weedeater and blower only came with one battery so Larry ordered a convertor for his Milwaukee batteries that can be used for both the blower and weedeater. He hung both chargers on the wall. The area looks great. 

Charging area finished

 

Installing screws in the wall for the chargers

After finishing the charging area we backed the boat back in the garage. Then we went inside and had lunch.

For some reason my computer games no longer work on our main computer. I could still play them on our other computers or the tablet. Larry uninstalled and reinstalled the games and they now work.

I took a nap for a couple of hours. When I woke up I played my computer games. I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Pyramid and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 38 minutes and 14 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group.

In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called A Brilliant Young Mind. It was a movie about a teenage boy who is a math prodigy. I liked the movie. Then we watched an episode of Death In Paradise. Afterwards Larry installed the Tubi channel on our FireTV because I wanted to watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The movie was made in 1988 and is still a cute. I liked it very much. Then I watched the second season of  Kate and Koji. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

Relaxing in front of the television

The results of my bone density scan came through. My doctor said I have osteopenia which means slightly weaker bones. He recommended taking 1200 mg of calcium daily (total diet plus supplement) and 800 international units of vitamin D daily. I already take calcium pills, I just have to take two pills instead of one and the vitamin D I already take. He also recommended me to do some light weight resistance training. So while watching television I did some weight lifting with my hand weights. I also got my resistance bands out and did the routine of ten exercises twice. I worked out with the weights and bands for about forty-five minutes. 

Six of the exercises in the routine

 

The other four exercises of the routine

 

Resistance band
  

 

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth