Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Monday 6-27 Weird Weather & Di Green's C1 Dance

 


Wonderful Monday

Before I went to bed last night a front came through with rain. It rained for about an hour. We had a breeze all day. It got to 99 degrees today. At 5:00 p.m. another front came in with a little rain. It was weird because the sun was shining while it was raining. It only dropped the temperature to 94 degrees. The rain came back a little later and stayed around through out the night.

Rain at 5:00 pm

We started the day out by attending Di Green's Weekly C1 dance at 9:00 am for an hour. She called five tips with 15 participants. Larry danced with me. All the dancers have been dancing virtually with Di for over two years so she's starting to make it challenging. She's putting us in positions that are harder than we're used to being in. In between the tips she said she knows the positions are very hard especially when you're dancing by yourself and have to keep track of seven phantoms. But she said she will help us by cueing and saying where you're at in the square. She helps out because she dances with her partner Terry and we can follow them and be in the right place. They're your mirror image. We had a great time dancing to her and with friends.


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Medium Mayhem of 27 games. It took me 1 hour, 26 minutes and 15 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. I played a couple of games of Jewel.

I read a little bit when I could keep my eyes open. Larry continued playing with the security cameras. The more he plays with the cameras the more he learns. This is a commercial system, it is very complicated but also very powerful, there are tons of different things you can configure.

In the afternoon the backyard camera told us that the line was triggered. We saw that there were two does and two fawns. The neighbor's dog came out to sun. The deer stopped grazing and watched the dog. The dog barked at them and they just stood there watching the dog. I guess they figured they were protected because there was a fence between them. The deer watched the dog until she decided to go inside. Then they just casually walked away. I love our new cameras. 

We also had a couple of hummingbirds visiting us on and off all day.

Deer watching the neighbor's dog

 

Neighbor's dog sunning and watching the deer

 

Time to move on

We watched YouTube videos.

In the evening we finished watching the 1st season of Sherlock and an episode of Doc Martin. Then I continued watching the 5th season of MI-5. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth