Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Friday 6-24 New Printer, Crafting & Dancing

 

Another 100+ degree day

It's Friday, have a great weekend. We had a hot day with the high of 102. 

Larry started the day out by working on a paper project.

When Larry does his paper projects sometimes he prints different paper designs using our laser printer. It works great except it leaves lines on the paper. He has been talking about buying an inkjet printer. We had inkjets years ago and got tired of dealing with the ink issues, due to lack of use ink cartridges would dry up and print heads would clog, the ink was also very expensive. With some of the new models some of these issues are supposedly fixed, they come with refillable tanks that are much larger and less expensive to fill.

Since the pandemic there has been a shortage of printers but some of them are now becoming available. This morning Larry found an Epson printer at Walmart in Temple. So off to Walmart we went. We bought the printer and a few other items.

New printer

While in town we stopped by Aldi, which was across the street from Walmart. Aldi is different from other grocery stores, you have to put a quarter in a slot to get a cart. When you return the cart you get your quarter back. We were walking to get a cart and a gentleman said we could have his cart and he wouldn't take our quarter for it. What a nice man. Another thing about Aldi is you have to bag your own items you buy. We picked up a few things we can't get elsewhere.

The new printer works great but the colors are not quite as bright as our laser printer but there's no lines. While Larry played with the printer and worked on his paper project I read.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 45 minutes and 42 seconds, which put m in 30th place in my group.

I worked out using Gold's Gym on my Wii for a half hour. I hadn't used it for over six months. I probably will be sore tomorrow. 

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:30. She called four tips of A2 with 19 participants and one tip of C1 teach with 15 participants. During the A2 tips she worked on Left Handed Motivates. It's always hard when you dance with a full square of people and when you dance with seven phantoms it's even more difficult. Ett did a good job of helping us. During the C1 tip she worked on Square The Bases. I had a fun time.

While I danced Larry worked on his paper project. After the dance we watched a couple episodes of Hotel Portofio. Then I continued watching the fourth season of MI-5. While watching television I did my steps, which was 28,500 steps. This put me in 2nd place in my group.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth