Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Tuesday 7-27 Dancing and Having Fun

 

Hot Summer Day

We had another 98 degree day with a lot of sunshine. We spent the day indoors keeping cool.

We attended two virtual dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00. Dayle called four two couples tips with 14 participants and one four couples tip with 10. I danced the four couples tip by myself. Dayle did a great job of calling the dance. We had a super time.

Second was Di Green's Weekly A1/A2 Workshop at 1:30. Di and Terry called five tips in both sessions and Di called the four couples tip at the end of the A2 session. She put up a survey during each session to get feedback on the workshops. She asked if we wanted more cueing or less and if we wanted a four couples tip at the end of the A1 session. The dancers told her to continue cueing through out the workshops. We also wanted more four couples concepts in each tip and add one at the end of the A1. I danced the A1 session by myself. During the A1 session we had 23 participants, the A2 session had 25 and the A2 four couples tip we had 24. Di and Terry took turns calling in each session. We had a lot of fun dancing to Di and Terry because they're very enthusiastic, cheers the dancers on and celebrates when the dancers are successful. 

I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 26th place in my group. I also did the Mahjong Daily Challenges. While I played games Larry finished his Summer House.

Larry resizes many of his paper projects to be smaller than the original design. It makes them more difficult to cut and assemble but we have a limited amount of space to display them and making them smaller makes it possible to keep more of them around. He made the Summer House small enough to fit on his hand. This project had more pieces to assembly than any of his other projects. It also took him the longest to complete.

 

Look how small the summer house came out

The finished project

Side view of the summer house

In the evening we went to Georgetown to dance with the Diamond Masters Club. We had enough people for exactly two squares. We had a super night of dancing.

When we got home at 10:00 Larry read his e-mail and then went to bed. I watched a little bit of the Olympics and started to watch the fifth season of Heart Guy on Acorn. I ended up doing 21,500 steps, which put me in 8th place in my group with 43,500 steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth