Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Tuesday 7-20 Air Chairing on Lake Belton

 

We had a terrific day.

I'm going to be 65 in September, which makes me eligible for Medicare. Larry has started the process to sign me up. He called the Medicare folks and they explained that Medicare signup is administered via the Social Security folks. I am not currently drawing Social Security. A couple of weeks ago he started signing me up via the Social Security website, to complete the process of setting up an account they have to send you a code via the mail, no other way to get it other than wait for the mail. The code arrived so he went back to the website and completed the form to setup an account. Now they sent me an email saying I have to provide them with the original copy of my birth certificate, either via mail or by going to the local Social Security office. We are not really comfortable with sending that 65 year old piece of paper via the mail so we decided to drop by the local office, not so easy. First Larry called and the automated voicemail system said no agents were available to help and hung up on him, so we drove to the office. The building is locked up tight, no cars in the employee parking lot and no lights on in the building. Sign on the door indicates they are open from 9-4, it is 9:30 and obviously no one is there. Around the corner we find a sign saying you must have an appointment. In the afternoon Larry calls back and this time after waiting about 15 minutes the phone system connects him to a Social Security person who seemed to have very little idea what to do. After a bit of prodding and 30 minutes of time Larry was able to get us an appointment tomorrow. Apparently they have to get a security guard and agent scheduled so we can be allowed in the building. 

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00. He was back home so he called from there. He called four two couples tips with 21 participants and one four couples tip with 15. We had a great time.

This week Diamond Masters Club didn't meet because the hall wasn't available so instead of live dancing we attended Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00. He called five tips with 28 participants. During the fourth tip he added two more phantom couples. We had a fun time.

After Dayle's dance we decided to go to the lake. The clouds had rolled in so Larry checked the weather before we left for the lake. It didn't look threatening. The lake was a little rough so we got the Air Chair out and put it together. We both flew the chair. Afterwards we did a little floating. The clouds were getting darker so we decided to put the boat on the trailer and go home before it rained. We were at the lake about an hour and had a super time. 

 

Having fun flying down the lake

Larry crossing the wake while flying the chair

I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango of 10 games (5  Spider and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 3 hours, 17 minutes and 3 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group.

After Don's dance I finished watching the first season of Proof and started the second season. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth