Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, July 12, 2021

Sunday 7-11 Amusement Park Cornbread

 

Overcast Day

We had an overcast day with rain now and then. The temperature was in the high 80s to the lower 90s with the humidity in the 70%.

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges and Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 13 minutes and 7 seconds, which put me in 28th place in my group. I also played more Daily Challenges in Mahjong.

Larry finished reading a book and started another one on his Kindle. He loves to read. I'll read once in awhile.

 

Reading is enjoyable

We enjoy trying out new food recipes. Sometimes when we go grocery shopping we'll pick up a dish that looks good. They usually are very tasty. Other times Larry will find a recipe online that sounds good. Well, today he found a recipe on All Recipes called Amusement Park Cornbread. I made it this afternoon. Larry read the suggestions people made while making it. Many people suggested to cut the flour down from 2 cups to 1.5 cups, increase the amount of cornmeal from .75 cup to 1.25 cups and substitute the 1 1/3 cups of milk with water. I used theses suggestions. I made 12 muffins and a small pan of cornbread. There's only the two of us and most recipes are way too big. People suggested freezing some of the product. The muffins and bread came out fantastic. Some of the best cornbread we have had.

 

Cornbread Muffins

Cornbread

We didn't have any dancing today so I decided to workout with my Wii Fit, Gold's Gym and Just Dance programs for an hour and a half.

In the evening we watched a documentary called The Legend: The Bessie Coleman Story. Bessie Coleman was the first African-American to become a licensed pilot in 1921. It was about the struggles Bessie had to go through during that time to achieve what she wanted. It was an ok documentary. After Larry went to bed I continued watching the fourth season of White Collar. I also watched the seventh episode of Ms. Fisher Modern Murder Mysteries. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group for the week with the total of 179,113 steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth