Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, July 5, 2021

Sunday 7-4 Happy 4th of July - New Streaming Device

 

Happy 4th of July


Happy 4th of July. I hope you had a great day. We had another relaxing day.

In the evenings we stream shows from Amazon, Acorn and occasionally PBS. We have been using streaming devices for over 10 years using a variety of different brands. The majority of the time we used a ROKU, recently we have used an Amazon Fire TV device along with a Google Chromcast. These have worked very well but a few weeks ago Walmart released a streaming device called ONN Android TV. This device can stream all the content we watch and you can cast to it. It is only $30 and would simplify things a bit, we would go from two devices to one.  Larry has been doing lots of reading and watching reviews on it.

This morning Larry finished reading a book so after lunch we went to Walmart to purchase one of their streaming devices. While we were there we picked up a few things. When we got home he installed the device, which didn't take long. Afterwards he added a few applications to it and programmed our remote control and Alexa to work with it. This took quite a bit of time. We used it all night and so far Larry is really impressed. 

 

New streaming device

I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Free Cell Mini of 10 games. It took me 2 hours, 12 minutes and 30 seconds, which put me in 26th place in my group.

We watched YouTube videos and an episode of the GizWiz using the ONN device. It works very fast and perfect.

For our 4th of July dinner we had Pasta Alfredo with Blackened Chicken that we bought at Walmart. For dessert I made Salted Caramel Pretzel Cups. Both dishes were good.

 

Salted Caramel Pretzel Cups

 

Pasta Alfredo with Blacken Chicken

In the evening we watched a Pinocchio movie via Amazon. It wasn't very good but it had great graphics. Then I continued watching the second season of White Collar. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group for the week with 187,163 steps.

 

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth