Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Friday 7-9 Homemade Pizza

 

Having fun

It started raining late last night and stayed around all day. The rain wasn't continuous, no rain first thing in the morning but it came back around 10:30 for about a half hour. The rain was very steady but not hard. The clouds were here all day, which kept the humidity in the high 70s. At 5:00 the temperature was 81 degrees with humidity of 79%.

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Free Cell). It took me 43 minutes and 25 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group. I also did a few spider games in the Star Club Solitaire 30th Anniversary.

A led light fixture in the garage quit. Two years ago Larry received the fixture to review, it worked very well but unfortunately it had a short life span. There is no replacing the bulb, when it quits you simply have to throw it away. It was relatively expensive and if we would have paid for it we would have been disappointed in the longevity. 

Larry found some similar light fixtures on Amazon. They had really good reviews but some folks said they didn't last more than a year or two. The good news is they were very inexpensive, a package of six fixtures was $30. The fixtures are cool because you can connect them together to form a long string of lights. He replaced the failed light and added two more into the string. Now the garage is brighter than it has ever been.

 

The light Larry had to replace

 

  

Three slim light strips 

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 four couple at 11:00. This week he was calling from a dancer's basement and had a full square. It was challenging because Dayle had to call to eight real people and everyone else was on Zoom dancing with phantoms. We had 21 participants in the A1 two tips and 17 for A2. We had fun.

Second was Don Moger's Weekly C1 at 12:00. Don called five tips and we attended four of them. Don had 32 participants. He was calling fast and not cueing much. The dance was challenging and I broke down a few times. Overall we had a great time dancing to Don and friends. 

Third was Di Green's Weekly C1 Workshop at 2:00. I danced by myself. Di had 32 participants and she called six tips. She didn't have any moves to work on so we mainly danced. She did work on Circle By, Triple Boxes and Tally Ho because they were requested by the dancers. I had an outstanding afternoon of dancing to Di and Terry.

I decided to make a homemade pizza for dinner. We had a couple of puff pastry sheets so I used one for the crust. I first of all did research on making a pizza using the puff pastry. It took about a half hour for the sheet to thaw. I rolled it out and put it on a cookie sheet that I buttered. Then I added a premade pizza sauce along with cheese and pepperoni on top. The recipe didn't call for buttering the pan but I didn't want it to stick. I think buttering the cookie sheet was a mistake because the pizza came out too soft, I also put too much cheese on top. We ate half of it and I will have the rest tomorrow.

 


     Homemade pepperoni pizza

In the evening we watched a new series on PBS called Latino Experience the first episode. The series is short stories about the Latinos lives. Then we watched The Reef 2 on Amazon Kids. It was a cute movie about fish saving their reef from the sharks. When Larry went to bed I started watching the fourth season of White Collar. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group with 128,563 for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth