Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 23, 2021

Thursday 7/22 Saying Good-bye to Another Virtual Dance

 

Saying good-bye

Today was a humid day. We hung around the house relaxing.

I started the day out by doing the Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Spider and 3 Pyramid). It took me 16 minutes and 58 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. I also did the Mahjong Daily Challenges.

While I played my games Larry worked on a paper project. Every month Leo from Dreaming Tree gives a package of three new projects away if you spend $10.00 dollars. Larry really liked this months summer package so he purchased a gift card for $10.00 and got the package for free.

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. Dayle called five tips. He called four two couples tips with 16 participants and one four couples tip with 10 participants. Dayle did a great job of calling and cued when necessary. We had an outstanding hour and fifteen minutes of dancing to Dayle and with virtual friends.

Second was Joachim Ruehenbeck's C1 at 12:30. This was his last C1 dance because his club is going back to dancing in person. We will miss dancing to him and his partner Mariyam. Joachim had 24 participants. I danced by myself and had a great time.

Due to live dancing starting back up we have had to say good-bye to four virtual dances, two were weekly and two were semi-weekly. Along with that a couple of dances were put on hold for the summer. Of course with live dancing coming back we have added three live weekly dances.

After Joachim's dance I did my weekly housekeeping and finished the laundry. Larry continued working on organizing our photos.

We went to Sun City to dance with the Sundancers Weekly A2/C1 tape group at 5:15 to 8:00. We danced an hour and a half of C1 with six couples. We danced another hour and a half A2 with two squares and an extra person. We had an outstanding time dancing with friends.

We got home at 9:00. Larry read an article saying our Fire TV was adding coverage of the Olympics so we checked it out. The article said it was free but so far only a half hour of NBC coverage was free. After that the app said you could only continue watching if you were a cable subscriber, we don't have cable. Unless they add something else we'll have to watch the Olympics through the local NBC station. 

After Larry went to bed I started a new series called Silent Witness on Acorn. I watched two episodes of the first season. Its a series about a forensic pathologist and how she works with the police to solve cases. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth