Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Saturday 7-10 Hair Accident & Two Special Dances

 

Raining Morning

The day started out with a surprise rain front. At times the rain came down hard. The rain didn't keep the birds and squirrels away. In fact the porch was very busy. Larry had to chase a young squirrel out of the feeder a few times. The squirrel didn't even go to the bowl it went straight to the feeder.

Larry started reading a book on his Kindle. I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It took me 25 minutes and 8 seconds, which put me in 37th place in my group. I discovered that the Mahjong games had a Daily Challenges of five games. I started doing the games for July. 

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Di Green's Monthly A1/A2. This month she invited her partner Terry McCann, Betsy Gotta from Maryland, Hanna Tenenbaum from Sweden, and Doug Machalik from the Czech Republic to call the dance. The format changed a little because she didn't have an A1 room. The main room was for two couple calls and in the breakout room Di and Doug called four tips of two couples with four couples concepts. The dance started out in the main room for a half hour. Betsy, Doug and Terry called a tip a piece. We moved to the breakout room that had four couples concepts, Di and Doug called two tips a piece. The closing 45 minutes we were in the main room where Di, Terry, Betsy, Doug and Hanna called a tip a piece. In the main room we had 33 participants and 18 of those folks moved over to the breakout room. We had a great afternoon dancing with five super caller and great friends. This was the first time we danced to Hanna and Doug and they did a super job. 

Second was Don Moger's Saturday Night Fever. This was the last one until September. He invited Steve Kopman to call with him but Steve wasn't feeling well so Don called the dance by himself. He called four A2 tips with 49 participants and three C1 tips with 38. We had a very fun evening.

Every night I bring in the birdfeeder and bowls. Then I blow off the back porch. Tonight while I was blowing off the porch my hair got sucked into the motor of the blower while it was running. It sucked so much hair in that the motor stopped. I had to ask Larry help to get my hair out of the motor. He ended up taking the blower apart and unwinding my hair from the motor. He got most of my hair out. While Larry removed the rest I combed out my hair. As I was combing my hair a lot of it just fell out. I hope the hair will grow back considering I now have a bit of a bald spot on the right side of my head. I will have to start pulling my hair back when I use the blower.

 

Bold spot left after my hair fell out


Hair stuck in the blower

After Don's dance we watched a documentary called Tokyo Rising. It was about a young surfer trying to make the U.S. Olympic team but he had to overcome injuries he obtained while competing. It was very well done. Then I continued watching the fourth season of White Collar. I ended up doing 23,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth