Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Monday 7-26 Boating and Dancing

Boating on Lake Belton

We had a gorgeous day. The wind was low so we decided to start the day out by going to Lake Belton. We spent an hour and a half at the lake. The lake wasn't perfect but we decided to water ski, we both did a short set. The water was a little choppy but it was the first time we skied this year so it was ok. After resting out came the Air Chair, we both did a set. When we finished air chairing we drove back to the dock. We had to wait because a fisherman had his boat at the dock. He was by himself so he had to do everything. This gave me time to take down the shade. 

 

Larry water skiing

 

Having fun skiing down the lake

 

Larry having fun air chairing

 

Look at me fly the chair

 We got home 15 minutes before Di Green's Weekly Plus at 11:00. This was the only virtual square dance I attended today. Di and Terry rotated calling the the five tips of two couples and Di called one tip of four couples. The two couples tips had 32 participants and the four couples tip had 21. I had a great time.

While I danced Larry continued building the Summer House paper project. Another day of crafting.

 

The summer house so far

Larry crafting

I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Hard Road Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 38 minutes and 37 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group. I also did the Mahjong Daily Challenges.

In the evening we attended the Sundancers Weekly Dance at 7:30 to 9:00. We got there at 7:00 and Brad was work shopping mainstream moves. The dance format was workshop for an hour and an hour and a half of mainstream and plus. This week Brad called 2 mainstream tips and a plus tip. He saw that the dancers were all plus dances so he called all plus the last 45 minutes. During the mainstream tips we had four squares and enough women sitting out to form a square of their own. I danced the first tip as a boy and had a super time. The second tip was danced with a gentleman. But the ladies did form another square and danced. During the plus tips we had three squares. At 9:00 Brad called an A tip, we had a square plus one extra person. Larry danced the plus tips and the A tip with me. We had a super evening of dancing with Brad Caldwell and our square dancing friends.

 

We got home at 10:15. Larry read his e-mails and then went to bed. I watched the third episode of Jack Irish third season. Then I watched the Olympics (U.S. and China Volleyball). I ended up doing 22,000 steps, which was 3,100 steps shy of my daily goal. This put me in 9th place in my group. I need to do an extra 3,000 tomorrow to be on track of the weekly challenge of 175,000 steps.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth