Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Wednesday 5-20 Dentist Appointment

Another hot day

Summer is here already. It was another hot humid day. It got into the low 90's. 

In the morning I worked on my daily challenges and The Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. Today the event had the bonus points where all the games were double the amount. It took 3 hours, 17 minutes and 56 seconds. While I was playing the games our internet went down but it didn't affect the time for the event, which was a surprise. By the time I finished the games I was in 13th place in my group. 

After lunch we went to our storage center to take the Minnie for its monthly ride. Before taking the Minnie for a ride Larry started the generator to make sure that it ran correctly. The Minnie was low on gas so we drove it to a gas station and filled it up. While going there the generator stopped running. Larry figured it  was because the Minnie was low in gas, motor homes are designed where the generators shut off when the gas tank gets to about 1/4 full and we were near that. Once he filled the Minnie he tried to start the generator but it wouldn't start. We went back to the storage center and picked up the car, then we took both the Minnie and the car to the house. He tried again start the generator and it didn't start. Next he looked to see if he had any starting fluid, he didn't.

Off to town we went to get some starting fluid at Walmart. Once we got to Walmart Larry put on a mask and I put on a mask. I went to The UPS Store to pick up our mail and a package that was waiting for us. Larry went to Walmart.

Larry had a dentist appointment at 3:00 so they could look at a crown they had put on a tooth and to make an impression for a crown for his implant. While he was at his appointment I worked on my puzzle and watered my flowers. While watering them I saw more flowers.


More flowers

In the evening we watched a couple of documentaries on Amazon. The first one was Antarctica: 1 Year on the Ice. It was about living in Antarctica year round and how to survive the cold, months of darkness and winters isolated away from the world. It was very well done. The second one was Sea Gypsies: The Far Side of the World. It was about a crew of 12 people sailing 8,000 miles on the Pacific from New Zealand to Patagonia on a hand-built gypsy boat named Infinity. It told the story of the adventure of the crew and how they survived the journey. Afterwards I finished watching the first season of Goliath and started the second season. I did 24,000 steps.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth