Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Saturday 5-23 Memorial Day Weekend

Awesome sunny day

We had a beautiful sunny windy day. 

While summer has not officially arrived most folks consider Memorial Day Weekend  the beginning of summer. We hung around the house keeping cool under the air condition. We live on the main street that goes to the boat ramp at Arrowhead Point Park. It looked like a normal summer day with boats going to the lake. The boats were of families with their toys to play on the lake. When I barbecued pork for dinner I heard kids having fun on the lake. 


Summertime Activities

We normally avoid the lake on holidays because the lake is busier then normal. Lake Belton is a nice size lake but with lots of boat traffic the lake can be rough. Today the wind is also probably causing the lake to be rough. We like the water smoother because of the water sports we do, it's easier on my body, especially when I water ski. 

Larry continues working on the generator of the Minnie. He's struggling but sometimes when there is an electrical problem it's hard to find so you have to try different things. Good luck Larry.

I did my daily challenges and The Event: Easy Street Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 30 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group. I compare my results to Louise and she finished about 1 minute faster. Good job, Louise!!!! I also worked on my puzzle. 

I'm excited, I went out to check my flowers and saw more flowers. Some of the flowers coming up are the flowers that Alexa send us. 


More white flowers coming up

The thank you gift from Alexa starting to grow
  
In evening we watched an Amazon movie called Mr. PIP, starring Hugh Laurie. It was a good movie about a young girl on an island that was transfixed by the Charles Dickens novel Great Expectations. She was introduced to it by the only white man in the village, who read it in the school. Then we watched an episode of Off The Cuff. It was about Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. At this park anyone can mine for diamonds and are able to keep what they find. We went there a few years ago and had a great time. Then I continued watching Goliath's third season. I did 24,000 steps.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth