Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Monday 5-25 Memorial Day



I hope everyone took a few minutes to remember the people who lost their lives fighting for our freedom.

It was raining this morning. Larry read and I did my daily challenges and The Event: Tri Peaks Adventure, it was 20 games at four different levels; easy, medium, hard and expert. It took me 56 minutes and 8 seconds to complete, this put me in 7th place in my group. Then I worked on my puzzle. I didn't have to water my flowers but I did take pictures because there were a couple new flowers. 


More flowers

After lunch Larry did a bit more experimenting with the generator. He was able to find the factory service manual online, using that he was able to test the ignition module/coil and believes it to be fine. The good news is he thinks he has narrowed the problem down to the magneto, the bad news is to replace it the generator will have to be removed from the Minnie and taken apart. This is not a trivial task, just getting it out will be difficult, there are a number of things to disconnect and it weighs 174 lbs. The generator is 25 years old and some of the parts are impossible to find but fortunately he was able to find a magneto online, it will probably take a week or so to arrive, in the meantime he will remove the generator and disassemble it so he can replace the part.

In the evening we watched an Amazon movie called The Secrets of Roan Inish. It's a movie about a young girl, who goes to live with her grandparents in a small fishing village. It was a good movie. Afterwards we watched a documentary on Amazon called Churchill's Toy Shop. The documentary was about a group of people, who worked together to develop brilliant weapons for Winston Churchill during World War II. It was a good documentary. Then I watched a few episodes of DCI Banks. I did 26,000 steps. For the last couple of weeks I have been doing 175,000 steps so my Garmin device moved me to the 175,000 step challenge group.     



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth