Pictures From Jan-Feb 2020 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, May 11, 2020

Sunday 5-10 Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I hope you had a great day. 

I woke up around 7:30 this morning. Larry was making his breakfast. He looked at me like I had two heads because I usually sleep until 8:00 or later. After breakfast we went back to working on our project. We finished laying the block all the way to the front brick ledge. Our yard slopes to the back so as we were laying the wall we had to step it up. We are using the same block to put in tiers so the gravel does not wash down hill. Our original landscape edging was 4x6 treated timbers, they were put in when we built the house six years ago and really should have lasted much longer, actually the majority of them were still in really good condition but a few had rotted badly. While we were working on the wall our neighbor behind us Chris was walking his dog and said hi. We stopped at 2:30. We still need more block to put on top of the wall at places and to put a couple more tiers.

The block wall

Larry leveling blocks for a tier

Testing out the tier

Leveling out the blocks for the wall

We took a lunch break around 11:00. During the break I started doing my Solitaire The Event: Two Game Tango (10 games of Pyramid and 10 games of Tri Peak). Later on in the day I finished doing the event. It took me 1 hour, 28 minutes and 12 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. I also did my daily challenges.

After picking up our stuff Larry ordered another 40 blocks. Once again we had to go to The Home Depot in Georgetown. Once the order was ready we went to pick it up. They were very busy but it still didn't take long to get our order. Today we had three young guys load the blocks into our truck. One of the guys climbed into the bed and loaded the blocks so Larry didn't have to. It was nice to see some of the employees wearing masks.

We had a great time today watching wildlife. While we were laying blocks Larry was cutting a block in half when a young roadrunner came by with lunch (lizard) in it's mouth. He came right up to us. He was almost close enough for us to touch him. While we were eating dinner we saw this doe run across the backyard and run back to the other side. We watched her for a bit and then we found out she had two small fawns. They look like they were only a few days old. They hardly could walk across the back of the yard. We watched them for awhile. A little while later we saw a hummingbird come to the feeder for a drink. We don't see them as much as we use to. It's always a pleasure to see wildlife.

The two fawns

Mom and her two fawns

The roadrunner


In the evening we watched YouTube videos. Larry called his mother to wish her a happy Mothers Day. Then I watched a few episodes of Rake. I did 20,000 steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth