Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Wednesday 5-13 Doing This and That

What should we do first.

The rain is suppose to be gone until the weekend. The temperature got up to 85 degrees and the humidity was 56%. 

What should we do today? The first thing Larry did was take out the trash because it was trash pickup day. I slept in until my normal time, which was 8:00. Larry had already made himself oatmeal for breakfast. I made myself a bowl of oatmeal. After breakfast we went outside to do our first project.

After finishing the wall the other day we put the old landscaping timbers on the side of the house. The first project today was to cut the timbers in smaller pieces along with removing the huge nails and rebar that had held them together. As we did this we separated the good pieces from the bad. It took us a couple of hours.

While we were cutting the timbers our trash was picked up. Afterwards we put some of the bad pieces in it. Over the coming weeks we will slowly dispose of the bad cutup pieces via our trash service. We don't want to fill the trash can and cause it to be too heavy.


The pile of bad timbers

The boards that are good

By the end of the wall project our gloves had holes in each finger especially the right hand. I guess it's time to replace them. 


Look at the holes on a right glove

I guess it's time to replace our gloves

After cutting the timbers down it was time to have lunch. After lunch we relaxed. I did my daily challenges and The Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It took me 14 minutes and 52 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group. Then I took a two hour nap.

After dinner I went outside and mowed the frontyard because it has been a couple of weeks since it's been done. When I finished mowing I weedeated both yards and blew off the porch and down the driveway. Then I filled up the mower with gas so it will be ready for me to mow the backyard. It took me a little over an hour to do this project.


Look how long the frontyard edge is.

The frontyard on the north side before it was mowed


South yard after it was mowed and trimmed

The yard after it was mowed

In the evening we finished watching the first season of Our Girl. Then I watched a few episodes of Rake. I did 24,000 steps. We had a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth