Pictures From Jan-Feb 2020 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Monday 5-18 First Day of Boating

First Day of Boating

We had a gorgeous day of sunshine. It got up to 94 degrees. The wind was very low.

Larry started the day out by doing his regular morning routine. I woke up at 8:00 and made mini waffles for breakfast. After breakfast Larry kept himself busy just doing this and that. I worked on my daily challenges and The Event: Experts Only of 10 games. It took me  2 hours, 33 minutes and 30 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group. I got stuck on puzzle 6, which a Free Cell game to get the queen of hearts to the top of the board.

It was such a beautiful day and the wind was low so after lunch we decided to put the boat in the lake. Last fall Larry winterized the boat by draining all the water out of the engine so today he had to reinstall the drain plugs and make sure the hoses were all connected. Before starting the boat he had to connect a plunger to run water into the engine. Once the water was running through the engine Larry started the boat. When it was running it had a miss but it finally smoothed out. After getting the boat running we put the platform on and loaded the boat with our toys; air chair, wake board and surf board, we didn't have to load the ski because it was already in the boat. We put in our life jackets and gloves. Now we were ready to go to the lake.

We were in the lake by 1:00 and stayed for about an hour and a half. I picked Larry up at the dock then we drove around the lake to make sure the boat ran correctly. It ran perfect. Larry asked if I wanted to do anything on the lake I said no. The water temperature according to our perfect pass was 75 degrees. Larry slowly put himself into the lake. He wasn't in the lake too long when he decided he wanted to air chair so we put the chair together. He got right up and flew down the lake. Then it was my turn. The water was cold but once you were in it was great. It took me two tries to get up, I went a little ways and let go of the rope because I thought I was going to fall. Larry came back around and I got up again. Larry drove the boat around the bend where the water is usually smoother. The water was very flat so out came our water ski. He got up the first time and did a super run. It took me a couple of times only because I wimped out the first time. I had a great run even though it wasn't as far as I normally ski. When we got back to Rogers Park ramp we took the boat out of the water. I got it on the trailer the first try, this was great considering I don't always do well the first day of boating. Once we got the boat out we wiped it down. We had an outstanding afternoon at the lake.

Getting ready to fly the chair

Trying to keep the chair in control

Leaning into the ski

Looking good

Skiing down the lake

When it was time for dinner I made another new recipe from Emma's Goodies, I made her pizza. The pizza dough was made out of self rising flour and yogurt. Emma's video was very easy to follow. You preheat the oven to 500 degrees with your pan in it. Once the oven was heated and the dough was made you take the pan out of the oven and put your dough on it for two minutes. The bottom of the pizza should be a little golden. During the two minutes you put oil on the top of the dough. After the two minutes you put the pizza in the oven for three minutes. Then you take the pizza out of the oven and add what toppings you want on it. Then you bake it for five minutes. It was good but I still like the regular pizza dough. It's always fun trying a new recipe.

Emma's Pizza

In the evening we relaxed in front of the television. We watched a Dan Fogelberg (Creedence Clearwater Revival) dvd we own, which was an hour and a half long. Then we watched a few YouTube music videos. Then I finished watching Our Girl. I did 24,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth