Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Tuesday 12-5-23 Dancing to Ken Burke, New Glasses & Games


 Square dancing with friends

Most Tuesdays a group of dancers get together in Corsicana, Texas and dance A2. They dance from 9:30 am to 11:30 am, take an hour lunch break and dance from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm. This week they invited Ken Burke a caller out of Michigan to come and call. We hadn't danced A2 in person for about three years but we decided we would attend the dance. 

Ken Burke

Corsicana is about 100 miles from home, that's the reason we don't attend the dance, it's so far away. The dance was at the Senior Activity Center. It took us about two hours to get there. On the way filled the car with gas and bought breakfast at 317 Donut Shop. Across the street from the center there is a beautiful park with a cute little Pioneer Village with multiple buildings about the history of Navarro County. The hall was very nice and didn't have a lot of activity going on. We brought along a salad for lunch and ate at the hall. We visited with other dancers who brought their lunch.

Senior Activity Center

 

Pioneer Village


Garden at the entrance of the Senior Activity Center

 

The hall

Ken called a super dance to two squares and a couple of people sitting out. This was our first time dancing in person to Ken, we have danced to him virtually, we had a great time. We have previously danced with all the dancers, they were happy to see us back dancing in person. We hadn't seen most of them in over three years.

We got home just in time for dinner. 

I played part of the event today. The event was Event: Experts Only of 10 games. I played only 8 of the games. I played for 1 hour, 34 minutes and 40 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. I got stuck on the two Free Cell games. Afterwards I played some Angry Birds games. 

A couple of weeks ago Larry ordered me a new pair of glasses from Zenni. They arrived today. They were easy to order because we had previously ordered a pair with the same prescription. My eyes didn't seem to have changed. The old pair of glasses were all scratched up and the frame had faded. I put the glasses on and I was amazed on how sharp everything looked. The nose piece was bugging me so Larry adjusted the glasses and they feel great.

Old glasses on top and new pair on the bottom

After dinner we watched YouTube videos. Then we watched a James Bond movie from our movies, Die Another Day. After Larry went to bed I started watching the Pirates of the Caribbean movie series. I watched The Curse of the Black Pearl. I also watched Shark Tale on Amazon. It was a cute animated movie. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

We had a long day traveling to Corsicana and back but had fun.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth