Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Saturday 12-16-23 TIPS Dance, Jukebox & Games

 

Hanging out with friends

We spent the day hanging around the house.

For breakfast we tried something new, Great Value Cinnamon Apple pancake mix. The pancakes were delicious. As they were cooking you could smell the cinnamon apple baking.

Larry continued playing with the jukebox and installing songs on it. It's challenging but he's having fun.

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 44 minutes to complete, which put me in 33rd place in my group. Then I moved onto Playing Angry Birds. I played Jewel 2, which I haven't played this game in a very long time. It's a matching game of different color jewels. the object is to clear the board.

Playing Jewel

After lunch I took a couple hour nap. When I woke up I did some housework.

Doing housework

While I was napping Larry received a text message about the TIPS dance tonight. It said that the dance was going to be short a couple to make a square because a couple had to cancel. Larry texted them back and said we would attend so they didn't have to cancel. 

The TIPS club meets every first and third Saturday of each month to dance. They have A classes before the dance for an hour and fifteen minutes. The classes start at 6:00 and the dance follows at 7:30 to 9:30. We attended both. We had a square plus one couple and the same people attended the dance. Dale Smith did the teach and called the dance. Dale ended up ending the dance a little early about 8:50 because everyone was there for the class. In between the tips we visited for a two song break. 

Kathy and her daughter made reservations to go on a square dancing cruise in February. Her daughter had to cancel so Kathy was looking for someone to fill her spot. One of our friends from Tool was going to take the spot but she has also cancelled. Larry asked if I would be interested, I said yes. Larry and I have never been on a cruise and it sounded very fun. Kathy was very excited that I would fill in for her daughter. She explained how the cruise works. She will also send me more information so I can try to get on the same flights as the others who are going. Some are flying out of Austin, Kathy is flying out of Dallas. The square dancing part of the cruise is sold out but Kathy is going to get in touch with the organizer so if someone else drops out maybe Larry could go. It would be great if he could. 

When we got home Larry checked his e-mail and went to bed. I finished my 17,000 steps, this put me in 3rd place in my group. I watched two movies from our movies collection. They were Jack Reacher and Shrek 3. We had a fun day. LIFE IS GOOD!!!


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth