Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, December 22, 2023

Thursday 12-21-23 Rain, Pizza, Games & Cell Phone

 

Playing in the rain

We had a wet day. The rain came in early in the morning and stayed around all day. The rain wasn't hard but it was damp.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Klondike Mini of 10 games. It took me 27 minutes and 52 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

I played games on both the pinball cabinet and arcade cabinet. The pinball cabinet I played Batman, Doctor Who, Elvira House of Horrors and Tales From the Crypt. Larry changed the number of balls on the Tales From the Crypt. Then he played the game. I played it also but didn't get a high score. This is a very difficult game which makes it a bit frustrating. We try to keep the number of games on the machine to a manageable number so Larry might remove this game.

Batman


Elvira's House of Horrors


Tales From the Crypt

The games I played on the arcade cabinet were three fruit/slots games (Thunderball, Wild Cherry and Stampede), two arcade games (Popeye and Rainbow Islands) and three pinball games (Diner, Dolly and Elvis). Thunderball, Stampede, Popeye and Rainbow were games I never played before and had fun playing them. 

Stampede


Thunderball


Rainbow Islands


Popeye


Diner


Dolly


Elvis

Larry continued playing with the jukebox. He is now working on getting internet streaming to work. The software allows it but apparently almost nobody is doing it.

A couple of days ago Larry ordered me a cell phone, the same model as our other phone. I'm going on a cruise without him so I will need my own phone. It came in today and he charged it up. Then he started setting it up. He installed the newest version of Android and some apps that I will need. We'll play with it for awhile to make sure everything works correctly. He also ordered a case to help protect it from damage.

Our current cell phone provider works via Verizon, to improve our coverage options we want to put this phone on a provider that works with at&t. Larry signed up for service via Boost. They will send us a sim card and then he can get it working on their network.

For dinner I made another pizza in the air fryer. I made the pizza dough instead of the premade dough. It didn't rise as much as I thought it should and that might be because my yeast was old. The pizza had pepperoni, hard salami and bacon on it. It tasted great.

Dinner

In the evening we watched an episode of Vera. Then we listened to music on YouTube. When Larry went to bed I finished watching the second season of The Last Detective. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth