Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, December 8, 2023

Thursday 12-7-23 Christmas Goodies, Project, Dancing & More

 

Hold on Pooh

We had a windy day with the high of 70 degrees. There was a breeze out of the north so it kept it cool.

Larry started the day working on his jukebox. Today he was worked on wiring and installing all the components: amplifier, power supplies, speakers, button controller, monitor, and of course the Raspberry Pi that runs all of it. He now has everything working together but he is having a challenging time getting the new monitor to work correctly with the jukebox software, everything works perfectly with the old large monitor but not so perfectly with the new small monitor that fits inside the jukebox. I am sure he will figure it out.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 32 minutes and 31 seconds, which put me in 35th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

We attended Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 dance at 11:00 for an hour. He called four two couple tips and one four couple tip to 12 participants. Our friends (Susan and Kenneth) from the Dallas area showed up. We told Dayle and the rest of the dancers, that we danced A2 with them in person on Tuesday in Corsicana to Ken Burke. We had a super time dancing with Dayle and friends.

Get a partner and swing

I played three games of pinball, Who Dunnit, Apollo 13 and Johnny Mnemonic.

Who Dunnit


Apollo 13


Johnny Mnemonic

After lunch we went to town. First stop was at the UPS Store to get our mail and pick up a couple of packages. The packages were Christmas gifts and goodies from Larry's mother and his Aunt Barbara. Then we walked over to Focus Eye Care so Larry could get his eyes examined. It was very easy we walked in and they got us right in. Next we went to the storage center to get the Minnie.

The Minnie needs some maintenance. A couple of days ago Larry called Wisner's and made an appointment. After getting the Minnie I followed Larry to drop it off for it's appointment tomorrow.

The Minnie

In the evening we continued watching Lost Flowers of Alice Hart. It is slow but not too bad. After Larry went to bed I watched the third movie of the Pirates of the Caribbean called Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which puts me in third place in my group.

 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth