Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Monday 12-18-23 Dancing with Di and Terry, Jukebox & Games

 

Happy Monday

We had a wonderful day.

We started the day by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly C1 dance at 9:00 for an hour. Di called five tips to 18 participants. A lot of the dancers wore Christmas outfits. Larry and I had an outstanding time dancing with friends.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Medium Mayhem of 27 games. It took me 2 hours, 3 minutes and 26 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds. 

Larry spent most of the day playing with the jukebox. He wrote a small program and is working on programming a button to run it. Raspberry Pi's use an operating system based on Linux and this is quite a challenge. He says it would be much easier in Windows.

Larry found a color version of the scoring screen for my weekly challenge of Doctor Who. He installed it and while it was very similar it did not display the last high score. He ended up going back to the original. I played it a few times and got a new high score of 40,354,460. This score put me in 26th place out of 28.

New high score

I also played three other games, The Great Houdini, Theatre of Magic and Who Dunnit. I had a super day of playing pinball because when I played the Great Houdini and Theatre of Magic I entered my initials.

Kathy sent an e-mail with information and the agenda for the square dance cruise. Larry made me an airline reservation on Southwest out of Austin to Orlando, Fl. I will be traveling on the same flights as the other ladies from the area, we will share transportation and lodgings. Kathy took care of changing the name on the cruise and the square dancing from Dawn to my name. Now I'm ready to go on the cruise. 

In the evening we watched the first movie of Mission Impossible. After Larry went to bed I which a Christmas movie on Freevee called A Christmas Movie Christmas. Then I watched Jack Reacher: Never Go Back out of our movies collection. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. This is a good start for the week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth