Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Friday 12-1-23 Monthly Projects, Car Project, Jukebox & Games

 

December begins

Today is the first day of December. 

This morning we went to town. We stopped at the UPS Store to pick up our mail and a package that has been waiting for Larry for a project he's going to do. Then we went to Walmart. Last stop was the storage center to pick up the leveling blocks from the Minnie.

The beginning of every month Larry does a couple of monthly projects. He backs up the computer to multiple places and puts bleach in the septic tank.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I moved onto the event, which was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 20 minutes and 35 seconds, which put me in 27th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I have been playing Angry Birds and Friends for a long time now and I could never enter into the Arena. Today they finally fixed the problem and allowed me into the Arena challenge. I played in the arena for a couple of hours and decided to quit.

Angry Birds

I started the day out by playing pinball. I played the weekly challenge Tales From the Crypt and four other games (Apollo !3, Attack From Mars, Creature From the Black Lagoon and Godzilla). This was the first time I had played Apollo 13 since Larry increased the balls from 3 to 5. My score was #1 high score of 1,332,659,700. The Godzilla game was different from yesterday's game. It was from the weekly challenge games. Tales From the Crypt score didn't change. 

Apollo 13


Attack From Mars


Creature From the Black Lagoon


Godzilla

After lunch Larry started working on his jukebox project. He had to modify the new speakers, they were a bit too large, he also had to build a mounting system for them since the old speakers were so much different.

About 3:00 Larry decided he would change the oil in the Equinox. He backed the Equinox out of the garage. Then he used the leveling blocks under the front wheels so he could get a little extra height. The Equinox is quite low to the ground and a few inches of added room make the job of getting the drain plug out much easier. He replaced the drain plug with a valve so the next time he changes the oil it will be easier. Next he had to change the oil filter which is located under the hood and not under the vehicle. Next was put fresh oil in. Last step was to put the old oil in the now empty oil bottle and clean up the pan. Then Larry put everything back where they belong so he can find them for the next time.

Changing the oil filter


 

Putting fresh oil in the Equinox


Changing the oil

In the evening we finished watching the second season of Royal Flying Doctor Service on PBS. Afterwards Larry helped me with my jigsaw puzzle. When I went to bed I watched Star Trek out of our movies. Then I watched a couple of episodes of the 1st season of Annika on PBS. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.

     



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth