Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Wednesday 7-26-23 Dance Day, Discount Tires Visit & More

 

Hot Summer Day

It got up to 101 degrees.

We started the day out by going to town. Larry tried to add air to the inner dual tire on the passenger side of the Minnie and it was very slow to take air. This morning we decided to take it to Discount Tires. I got up at 7:00 am so we could be at Discount Tires when they open. On the way we stopped by Shipley Donuts for breakfast. We hadn't been there in a long time. 

When we got to Discount Tires there were 10 people in front of us. They open at 8:00 and they always have a line of people to check in. They check you in at entrance and put you in the cue. Because we had the Minnie and it's an oversize vehicle they had us park it on the side of the building. They had us in and out within a half hour. We're always impressed by how well the workers work together and gets the customer in and out in a reasonable time. They tell you how long the wait will be. We were lucky we didn't have to wait. Last time Larry had to wait and hour and a half. They checked the tire for a leak and couldn't find one. They thought they could fix the problem with it not taking air by replacing the valve stem core but Larry asked them to replace the entire valve stem. The stems for the inside dual are really long and no tire store has them but Larry always keeps some on hand. He gave them one and they replaced it.

Minnie at Discount Tires

After getting the Minnie done we drove to Academy Sports. I found some shirts and shorts that I liked. Larry also bought some shirts and shorts. Now I'm set for a long time with clothes.

Larry's new shirts

 

New shorts

My new shirts

By the time we got home it was time to start dancing.

I attended four virtual dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called two two couple A1, two two couple A2 and one four couple A2 to 10 participants. Larry danced with me. We had a great time.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. I danced to four of the tips. There were 18 people participating in the dance. I struggled a bit because she didn't cue much. I had fun.

Third was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 2:00 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips to 10 participants. Di and Terry did an outstanding job of calling and cueing. I had a super time dancing with friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. The format was two C1 tips with 9 participants, five A2 tips with 10 participants and one C1 tip with 7 participants. In between the A2 tips we did a little trivia. The fifth A2 tip Dave, Greg and Karin took turns calling. I had great evening of dancing with friends.

Having fun dancing

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It took me 25 minutes and 40 seconds, which put me in 32nd place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I played the weekly challenge pinball Congo and got a new high score of 926,136,040. I also played Who Dunnit. I played three pinball games on the arcade cabinet: Junk Yard, Diner and Elvis.

 
High Score
 

Who Dunnit

 

Diner

 

Elvis

Junk Yard

After Dave's dance we watched an episode of The Librarians. Then I watched James Bond in Quantum of Solace. Then I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth