Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Tuesday 7-11-23 Prime Day, Dancing & Having Fun


 Hot Day

We had another hot day of 103 degrees.

Chilling out in the neighbors yard

I spent most of the day working on my jigsaw puzzle. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 35 minutes and 36 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

Larry started the day by spending money. Today was Prime Day and Larry needed some items for his solar system project. Over the last couple of days he placed some items in his Amazon shopping cart and hoped the prices might drop a bit on Prime Day. There was a small savings on a couple of items but nothing too exciting. He went ahead and placed an order for the items he knew for sure he will need. One of the major pieces for this project are coming from China and until it arrives he will have to wait on ordering other items. The good news is he now has a FedEx tracking number for the China shipment.

Prime Day specials

I attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 2:00 for an hour. This week Dave Eno covered for them. He did an outstanding job of calling four tips to 4 participants. HE helped up buy cueing and telling us what formation we were in. I had a super time.

Square dancing is fun

Before the dance we received an e-mail saying tomorrow's dance was cancelled. I asked Dave if this was correct and he said yes. Don Moger a caller in Canada had to be admitted to a hospital. He was suppose to be calling at a week long square dancing event and he asked Dave to cover a couple of sessions for him. The location is in Canada and almost 3 hours away from where Dave lives. The sessions take place at the same time as our afternoon virtual dance. He said he would be back in time for his weekly night time dance. We hope everything goes well for Don.  

I played the weekly challenge of pinball (Taxi) for about an hour and didn't get a new high score. Larry showed me how to get a higher score on the skill shot using the plunger. 

Larry loaded another version of Star Wars on the pinball machine and played it for a little while.

In the evening we watched an episode of Poirot. We also watched the last two parts of a history of pinball documentary. The gentleman who did the documentary did an outstanding job, it was very interesting. When Larry went to bed I watched the fourth Star Wars movie, which was Star Wars: Episode IV Star Wars. Then I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.  

Playing pinball
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth