Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Friday 7-14-23 Dancing with Ett, Cultural Activities Center & Puzzle

 

Cultural Activities Center

We had a wonderful day. High today was 104 degrees.

We started the day out by going to town. We hadn't picked up our mail in over a week so it was time. We didn't have much mail. Afterwards we went to Walmart for a couple of things and then we swung by Jack 'n' Jill Donuts for breakfast.

As we were heading back to the house Larry asked if I wanted to go to the Cultural Activities Center in Temple. I said sure. We haven't been there in years. We use to attend concerts there and have visited many times to look at the art exhibits. When we got there there was a lot of cars in the parking lot. We found the Missoula Children's Theater was going on. What a pleasant surprise. We walked around the art gallery and the hall to look at the art. There wasn't a lot of different artists today. We saw art from Carol Fox Henrichs, Sean Oswald and Lindsey Browning. It was nice to walk around and look at the artwork. 

Carol Fox Henrichs

 

Sean Oswald

 

Lindsey Browning

I finished my colorize (cupcake) jigsaw puzzle. I had a great time assembling it. It was 1000 pieces. I started and finished another jigsaw puzzle, which was Puzzle Bug 100 pieces (Pandas). It was very easy and fast to assemble but it didn't like it because the pieces were too thin and won't say together. The pieces curled up and won't stay flat. As I was assembling it I had to get some weight to hold the pieces together. When I finished I put weight on the whole puzzle to flatten the pieces. The finished puzzle was cute and pretty.

Colorize (Cupcake) puzzled assembled

 

Puzzle Bug (Pandas)

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Easy Street Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 27 seconds to complete, which put me in 14th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I played Taxi for about 45 minutes to try to get a new high score but was unsuccessful. I still had fun.

Larry had a bit of an up and down day with his solar generator project. I have mentioned that he has a box coming from China, it was shipped via FedEx and he has been anxiously watching its progress. This morning they showed it had arrived from Memphis and was in Austin, it would be delivered today. This afternoon they updated the status, somehow it ended up back in Memphis, now it is suppose to be delivered on Monday. Larry was a bit disappointed, he was really excited about getting it today. He needs this piece and the battery to figure out what other parts he will need.

The battery for the Solar generator is suppose to arrive tomorrow also via FedEx. Hope that goes better than the box 😀.

The new portable solar panel did arrive today so he spent a bit of time playing with it. He has decided to convert a bunch of plug connectors to another connector that he has used for years and likes better. He started off making an adapter to connect the new solar panel into his system. He did a super job. 

For years Larry has soldered the vast majority of his connectors to the wires. When he was building the pinball machine he purchased a new crimping tool that is capable of crimping many different types of connectors. So today instead of solder he used the crimper, wow, he was impressed. Easy, fast and beautiful connections, well, that is what he told me. He showed me the crimps and they did look very professional, but then again his work always looks professional.

Since we will now carry two portable solar panels we will need more wire to allow us to move them around. Today Larry ordered the wire and some more connectors. He purchases most stuff from Amazon but he found the wire via EBay at a shop in College Station, Tx. for substantially less. It should arrive next week.

Adapter Larry made

I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. Ett's back from Canada. Her partner Linda had her other knee replaced Tuesday and is doing very well. Ett wasn't sure was going to make it to the dance. She ended up calling three tips to 14 participants because she needed to attend to Linda and she heard Linda walking around. She did a great job of calling and I had a fun time dancing with friends. 

After the dance we watched a couple of episode of Grantchester on PBS. The eighth season was posted. We watched the last episode of the seventh season so we would be up to date. Then we watched the first episode of the eighth season. Then I finished watching the final season of Jack Ryan on Amazon. I finished watching the tenth season of Father Brown. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in first place in my group.


 

 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth