Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 28, 2023

Thursday 7-27-23 Minnie Project, Dancing, Housework & Games

 

Awesome Day

Today it got up to 101, this makes 20 days in July of 100 or above. The average high temperature for the month is 96 degrees. Looks like we will beat that this year.

High today

When I got up at 8:00 am  Larry was already outside working on the Minnie, he wanted to beat the heat. Our Minnie has its original awning. We have never used it. The only time we even opened it was when we first got it to make sure it worked. Over the years the sun has deteriorated the material along the roof line. Six years ago Larry used Gorilla Tape to completely cover that strip. Yesterday he noticed a couple of places where the tape was starting to come loose. This morning he got out a ladder and inspected it. He found the tape adhesive has gotten hard and was starting to fail. He took off all the old tape and then used Goof Off to get off the old adhesive. Then he cleaned the area with alcohol. He finished by putting on new tape. As he put the tape on he rolled it so it would stick better. It took a bit less than 3 hours and by the time he was done it was hot, fortunately there was a small breeze. The tape job came out great.

To get up high enough he had to get out his big step ladder, also made by Gorilla. It is one of those ladders that you can extend up and you can articulate it into an extension ladder. It is a really well made ladder but it is very heavy and he seldom uses it.

Larry replacing the tape on the awning

 

Gorilla Tape

 

Fixing the awning

We attended Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 dance at 11:00 for an hour. He called four two couple tips and one four coupled tip with 11 participants. He put us in challenging positions and did a great job walking us through them. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 17 minutes and 15 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I played four pinball games on the pinball cabinet: Congo, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings and Creature From The Black Lagoon. 

Creature From The Black Lagoon

 

Star Wars

 

The Lord of the Rings

On the arcade cabinet I played three pinball games (Cactus Canyon, Pirates of the Caribbean and Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball) and three poker games (Poker King, Big 40 Poker and Red Hot Poker).

Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball

 

Cactus Canyon

 

Pirates of the Caribbean

 

Poker King

After Dayle's dance I did my housework. I cleaned the bathrooms, dusted and vacuumed the house and washed the kitchen floor. I also did some laundry.

Housework

The original filter on my battery operated vacuum is made of washable foam. When Larry ordered the new battery he also ordered some new filters, they were described as washable but when they arrived they were made of paper, certainly not washable but I think they work better, the vacuum seems to have better suction using them. Of course if I washed the original one more frequently maybe it would work better.   

In the evening we watched an episode of Poirot and an episode of The Librarians. Then I watched John Wayne and Glenn Campbell in True Grit. Then I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth