Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Friday 7-21-23 Dancing, Solar Project Continues, Reading & Games

Smile it's Friday

We had a wonderful day.

Larry spent the day working on his solar generator project. He was waiting for a battery monitor to arrive later in the day so this morning he started experimenting with charging it via the truck battery. He discovered the size of wire and distance made a huge difference in the rate of charge. Using a 12 gauge wire the truck would charge the battery at about 7 amps but when he used a shorter 10 gauge wire it would charge at 17 amps. When he brings the RV to the house he will have to figure out how to get a really large wire from the house battery inside and see how much wire he will need. 

In the afternoon he received a new battery monitor. To install it he cut a hole in the box and did a bit of wiring. To calibrate it he has to fully discharge the battery and then charge it. The battery was about half way charged so it took about 5 hours to completely drain it, it will take about 10 hours to fully recharge it. He is really learning a lot and having fun doing the project.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games, which took me 30 minutes and 45 seconds to complete. This put me in 41st place I didn't do too well but had fun. Then I move onto playing Angry Birds.

I played some pinball today. I played the weekly challenge Batman, The Matrix, Theatre of Magic, the other Batman and Areosmith. 

Aerosmith

 

Batman

 

Weekly challenge Batman

 

The Matrix

 

Theatre of Magic

After playing games I continue reading Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne. 

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 at 6:30 for an hour. She called four tips to 14 participants. I had a great time dancing with friends and visiting.

After the dance we watched an episode of Poirot. Then I watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth