Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Saturday 7-29-23 Errands, Games & Battery Box Project

 

Just having fun

I woke up to freshly baked cinnamon rolls by Larry. 

After breakfast we went to town. Larry was finished working on the Minnie so we took it back to storage. Next stop was Aldi, then the UPS Store to check our mail. While there we walked to Walmart. 

Doing errands

We hadn't been in Aldi for a long time. Before our trips we go there and buy food items to take with us. We were in the neighborhood so we decided to pick up a few things. Our fall trip is only a few weeks away.

Every day Larry uses a tablet, he reads news, does research for our camping trips and uses it for other stuff. We also use it for our car GPS when we travel. It is quite old, we bought it eight years ago. Due to limited storage and memory it is completely full, if you want to add something new then something must come off. Many web sites have gotten more complicated and the tablet can be slow to load them. Larry wants to purchase a new one but unfortunately no one (other than Apple) builds an 8 inch tablet with decent specifications. Walmart has just came out with a 11" tablet that is really inexpensive, $159.00. The tablet has 4 gig of ram and 128 GB of storage vs. the 2 gig and 16 gig of our current table, it also has a much faster processor. It is getting great reviews. We stopped by Walmart and looked at it but Larry thinks it's too big for us to use for traveling. He will continue shopping for a tablet.  

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 30 minutes and 19 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. Then I moved onto solving a few Sudoku games. I also played Angry Birds.

Angry Birds

Larry continued working on modifying the solar generator box. The box will be stored under the table in the Minnie. To check the battery level or current draw he would have to look under the table at the battery monitor. He thinks this will be difficult so he decided to build a box with a monitor that he can put it on the table or perhaps the wall. It will connect via an ethernet cable. He had to install and wire ethernet connectors in both boxes.

Installed meter

 

Making a box to hold the meter

After lunch I took a nap for three hours. When I woke up I played pinball. I played five games on the pinball cabinet: Congo, Dr. No, James Bond 60th Anniversary, Great Houdini and Tales of the Arabian Nights. I didn't get the #1 high score on the games but had a great day playing.

James Bond 60th Anniversary

 

James Bond Dr. No

 

Great Houdini

 

Tales of the Arabian Nights

In the evening we watched an episode of Poirot. Then we finished the first season of Secret Invasion on Disney. 

The other night I was going to watch the fourth James Bond movie we have called Skyfall but it didn't work correctly. After watching Secret Invasion Larry checked it out and fixed it. After Larry went to bed I watched it. Then I watched an episode of The X-File. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth