Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Friday 7-28-23 Minnie Project, Dancing & Games

 


Doing the happy dance

By the time I got out of bed at 8:00 am Larry had already completed a Minnie project. He was outside by 6:45 because he wanted to beat the heat. Today's project was to change the oil and filter. We will be going on our fall trip at the end of August, Larry likes to start the trip with fresh oil so he doesn't have to change it on the road. On two long trips we did need to have it changed, once in Maine and once in Oregon (might have been Washington). Now if we want to we can take it back to storage. Larry prefers to keep it stored indoors as much as possible.


Changing the oil in 2022

When I got up I made cinnamon french toast sticks for breakfast. We buy Great Value frozen cinnamon french toast sticks. It was easy, heat up the oven to 400 degrees, cook for four minutes, flip over, cook another four minutes and serve. They were good.

Larry continued playing with the new solar charger.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Before doing the event I did a few Sudoku puzzles. The event today was Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Free Cell and 10 Tri Peaks). It took me 3 hours, 14 minutes and 3 seconds, which put me in 14th place. I spent most of the afternoon completing the event because I got stuck on the last Free Cell game. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends. 

After playing Angry Birds I moved onto the pinball cabinet, where I played five pinball games. They were Congo, Godzilla, Attack From Mars, Playboy and Strip Joker Poker. Last but not lease was playing games on the arcade cabinet. I played three pinball games (Batman, Spider-Man and The Six Million Dollar Man) and Pac Man. I love playing games on both the pinball cabinet and arcade cabinet. I'm not very good on any particular game because I don't play one too long maybe a couple of games.

Attack From Mars 

 

Batman

 

Godzilla

 
Spider-Man
 
 

The Six Million Dollar Man

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. She called four tips to 13 participants. I had a super time dancing with friends.

After the dance we watched an episode of Poirot. Then I watched Let Him Go on Freevee. It was a movie about a grandfather, an ex-sheriff and grandmother, who go get their grandson back from his step father. It was slow moving and the script wasn't very good. It starred Kevin Costner and Diane Lane. The movie was based off a book by Larry Watson. My Larry has read two of his books including this one and did not rate either of them highly. He thinks the author is very talented but he does not like how the books end, he says he will not be reading any more Larry Watson books. Then I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth