Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Wednesday 7-12-23 Dancing, Puzzle & Games

 

Today's high

I'm ready for the summer to be over and it's only about halfway through it. We got up to 105 degrees. We square dance with people all over the world and some of them don't have air conditioners. One couple we danced with today, who live in Canada said it was about 97 degrees and they don't have air conditioning. I'm glad we have it.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Klondike and 3 Free Cell). It took me 11 minutes and 16 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. I played Angry Birds.

A couple of days ago Larry installed a Star Wars Trilogy game on the pinball machine and came across a problem, it played great but would not exit correctly. He tried numerous things to fix it and even resorted to asking on one of the online forums, still couldn't get it to exit correctly. This morning he was searching around and finally found a solution, back in 2014 someone had made a forum post with a table giving them the same problem. Someone gave them a few lines of code to add to the program and it fixed it. Well, it also fixed it for Larry. He then made an append to that post thanking the person from 2014 for taking the time to provide the answer. Who knows how many people it has helped over the years.

This afternoon he installed a new pinball game on the arcade cabinet called Killer Klowns. Lots of folks had problems getting it to work correctly. Larry worked with it for a couple of hours and got it to work. The playfield is very different to most pinball machines and Larry says it is really fun. 

Killer Klowns

On Wednesday I usually attend four virtual square dances but today I only attended two because Ett was out of town and Di Green was on holiday.

First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called two two couple tips of A1, two two couple tips of A2 and one four couple tip of A2 to 8 participants. Larry attended the dance with me and we had a super time. Dayle site calls and sees that everyone can keep up so he gets more creative. This makes it challenging and fun. When we have problems he walks us through the move. He also tries to help by cueing. Larry helps me a lot because he danced with me and keeps me in the right place. Thank you, honey.

Second was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. He had a long day because he drove to Canada to cover four hours of C1 calling for Don. He made it back just in time to do his dance. He called two tips of C1 to 7 participants, five tips of A2 to 7 participants and one tip of C1 to 5 participants. Dave did a great job of calling. He's getting better at cueing and let us know if we're dancing a full square or two couple. This helps a lot. 

In between the dances I worked on my jigsaw puzzle and played pinball on the pinball cabinet. I played the weekly challenge Taxi and got a new high score of 1,821,960. Then I played five other games (Aerosmith, Attack From Mars, Metallica, Who Dunnit and Star Wars).

New score

Who Dunnit

 

Attack From Mars

 

Metallica

 

Attack From Mars

Aerosmith

In the evening after Dave's dance we watched the fourth episode of Secret Invasion on Disney. Then I watched the fifth Star Wars movie called Episode V: Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back. I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in first place in my group.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth