Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Tuesday 7-4-23 Happy Fourth of July

 

Happy Fourth of July

We had a super Fourth of July.

During our last camping trip a connector on our portable solar panels was giving us some problems. This morning we picked the panel up from the Minnie and Larry worked on it. Unfortunately it was designed with the control panel made into the cover so the only way to remove it was to cut open the cover. Once that was done Larry was able to work on the connector and get it to work consistently. He was concerned this may happen again so while he had it apart he soldered a new cable to the control board and added a second plug.

Larry spent a good part of the day doing research on his next project. We use our portable solar panel to charge the house battery on the motor home but even with that we have been struggling to keep everything charged. Larry wants to add a Lithium battery. He either wants to purchase a portable solar generator or build one. He has been watching YouTube videos on the generators and making a list of items he needs to build a solar generator. It will take awhile for him to decide on what he wants to. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: The Hard Road of 16 games. It took me 2 hours, 28 minutes and 46 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

I continued assembling my jigsaw puzzle.

I attended a Fourth of July virtual dance at 2:00 for an hour. Dave Eno covered of Di Green and Terry McCann on their weekly A2 dance. Dave called four tips to 5 participants. He did a great job and cued moves we were having problems with. He sometimes will confuse me because he forgets to tell us when we go from four couples back to two couples. I dressed up for the Fourth of July. I had a great time.

For our Fourth of July lunch Larry barbecued hot dogs on the charcoal grill. We had potato salad to go along with them. A perfect meal for the holiday (probably the only time we will eat hot dogs this year😆).

Grilling hot dogs

 

Our lunch

I also played pinball. I played Red & Ted's Road Show, Metallica, Monster Bash and Who Dunnit. I didn't get a new high score when I played Metallica but had fun. When I played Who Dunnit I played it in color and black & white. When I played Red & Ted's Road Show I got a new high score of 105,164,130, which put me in 4th place on the board. On Monster Bash I had a super game and got in 1st place with the high score of 149,900,730.

Monster Bash

 

Red & Ted's Road Show

 

Who Dunnit Black and White

Who Dunnit Color

In the evening we watched an episode of Poirot. I watched Hellboy from our movie selection. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth