Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Tuesday 7-18-23 Hot, Solar Box, Dancing, Amazon & Games


 

It's hot everywhere

We had a high today of 106 degrees. Phoenix, Arizona made the news today for having 19 consecutive days of being over 110 degrees. Death Valley was the hottest place in the world yesterday with the temperature of 132 degrees (55 degrees C). I feel for the people who's jobs are outdoors. Our neighbors are building a new house and the construction crew continues to do the work on the framing and roofing. I don't know how they do it.

National Park Service rangers are photographed next to a digital display of an unofficial heat reading at Furnace Creek Visitor Center in Death Valley, California, on Sunday. 

Death Valley National Park 

 

Temperature at our house

I started reading a book on my Kindle that Larry recommended. The book is Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne. So far I like it. Julia is a great writer keeping the main characters in character. The storyline is about a special relationship between a nine year old autistic boy and an assistant from a well-known publisher to make sure his mother makes her commitments to her new book. 

I attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 2:00 for an hour. The dance has been moved from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm for the summer because their local clubs are shutdown for the summer. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 11 participants. They did an excellent job of calling and cueing us through the dance. I had a great time.

Larry ordered fans and other parts yesterday on Amazon. Today he received the two fans, Time Delay Relays and a power supply. The fans and power supply go inside the solar generator box. The relays will be used later inside the RV.

DROX 48V Power Supply

 

Time Delay Relay

Larry started modifying his solar generator battery box. He drilled holes in the box for two fans. If he had ordered the box with an inverter installed the fans would have come with it but he didn't need the inverter. He had a fan on hand that he used to model the project. I helped him by holding the box while he drilled the big holes for the fans. Then he drilled the holes to hold the fans and guards. When the fans arrived the box was ready for them. It looks great. 

Drilled hole for fan

Fan installed

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. it took me 14 minutes and 16 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

Every Sunday I start a new weekly pinball challenge. this week the challenge is Batman. We already have a Batman but this one is different. Our Batman was taken off the actual Batman television series from back in 1966 and 1967. The new game was based on the movies before the Black Knight movies. Due to a server upgrade the site that Larry and everyone else uses to get most of the games had been down for a couple of days. The owner of the site thought it would take a day maybe two but he had some problems. It finally got up late last night. Today Larry downloaded and installed the game. It then took another hour or two to get it tweaked and make sure it worked correctly. He played it a bit and so did I. I got my first high score for the week, which was 5,647,960.

High score

A gentleman out of the U.K. (Ian Longstaff) spends a lot of time promoting virtual pinball and arcade games. He has multiple sites and a YouTube channel dedicated to arcade games and pinball. He is also the person behind the weekly challenge series that I participate in. All of his content is free. We have donated money to him and he just started offering promotional items with his logo on them, the money is used to pay for the services to keep the channels running. He had t-shirts available but only in black and grey. Larry wrote him and asked if there were other colors and hour or two later he wrote back saying he had added more colors. We liked the blue tee shirt with the Virtual Pinball Logo and ordered two of them. They came in yesterday. Larry took a picture of me wearing one of them and posted it to Ian's Facebook page, he was thrilled. 

Modeling the tee shirt

In the evening we started watching the 10th season of Poirot. Then I watched the second movie of Fantastic Breasts, which was Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Afterwards I watched a couple episodes from the fourth season of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in third place in my group.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth